• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved The game crashes when loading a new game

Silsir

Landlubber
Hello everyone,

I am very new to this forum and would like to request help.
I have decided to play the game recently and had fought with it for several days. I had stock version (original game with discs), where the game allowed me to get to main menu of the game, but would crash a few moments after selecting New Game. It was a polish version, which I have uninstalled and got the English one, no results.
I later decided to try with NH mod, but the problem is exactly the same, I get into creating the character, I choose what I want and when the game starts loading a New Game, it crashes.
I do not have Intel GPU but I have Windows 10, with which I tried all possible compatibility modes in vain.

Thank you in advance for any help

Welcome @Silsir, I had problems installing on windows 10 too. I got it to work when creating a POTC
folder direct under C:. Not in any of the two Program folders.

Welcome @Silsir, I had problems installing on windows 10 too. I got it to work when creating a POTC
folder direct under C:. Not in any of the two Program folders.
I have installed the game in storage drive ( D: ) in custom folder. Didn't know installing the game in Program Files folder could cause an issue, so I didn't mention it, but thank you for reaching out. :)

Can you upload the files "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log"?

Are you using a laptop or desktop PC? Does it have more than one GPU?

Can you upload the files "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log"?

Are you using a laptop or desktop PC? Does it have more than one GPU?

I am using a laptop, but it has only dedicated GPU. I was unable to find the error log, but I have found the other 2.
It might be worth noting that I experience the exact same issue with both vanilla game and the game with the New Horizons mod.

Attachments

• system.log
    475 bytes · Views: 145
  • compile.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 150
I have just finished doing the steps. The game still crashes. Also, I don't know how I checked it earlier, but my laptop does have Intel Integrated GPU, my apologies for that.

Well if only has an Intel GPU install the Intel fix OR DGvoodoo.
Intel fix may run better and is a more tested method, but sea quality is lowered.
DGvoodoo is more "risky" but if it works sea quality will be as normal.

I meant I have both dedicated (Nvidia) and integrated GPUs, until today I didn't realise I had the integrated one.

Back