• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The crew does not match the ship's deck

JTem

Freebooter
Staff member
Storm Modder
Hello colleagues, at the request of @Bucanero Furtivo I write this post.

We have a problem with a boat model that a colleague has added to a Sea Dogs TEHO mod.

The added ship is the Wickedwench, the problem is that the crew stays on deck levitating as you can see in the picture.

cats110.jpg

cats210.jpg

cats310.jpg

Try the blackpearl mod fix, it may work.

NOTE: The BP modfix was for GOF and may not work for this one. Alternatively, you could go through the pianful process of going through SAILORPOINTS for the Wicked Wench and get the numbers right.

This could also work.
But "my" model may be better to use, because it has lanterns, and the ship itself is raised slightly to match how it was on PotC.

@JTem can you post post a screenshot of the ship at night?
Also does she have a figurehead?

Thank you very much.:bow

The boat is similar to the Black Pearl version of the movie

I have passed on the sailors' file to the colleague to replace it in:

\RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\SAILORSPOINTS\

This is the night image of the Whicked and the Black Pearl versión Movie:

imagen11.png

pearl_night-png.33203

Is the Black Pearl from my mod?
If so a newer version is available, that also has a lantern in the front.

Also you may want to check this out.
upload_2020-10-18_19-6-33.png upload_2020-10-18_19-6-51.png

In the latest version of NH the model is exactly the same as the Black Pearl, but with different textures.
So it has a figurehead, and as a bonus a nameplate on the stern.

If you retexture the Black Pearl model that is already in TEHO, you will get this result.

Is the Black Pearl from my mod?
If so a newer version is available, that also has a lantern in the front.

Also you may want to check this out.
View attachment 37716 View attachment 37717

In the latest version of NH the model is exactly the same as the Black Pearl, but with different textures.
So it has a figurehead, and as a bonus a nameplate on the stern.

If you retexture the Black Pearl model that is already in TEHO, you will get this result.

Hello

Yes, this is the Black Pearl from your mod, specifically the movie version.

I'm going to involve interested forero to take note...

@Bucanero Furtivo, you have to follow this post to improve and repair the bugs of the wicked for the TEHO.

Hello,
I'm Bucanero Furtivo, who's testing the Wicked Wench. Here is a video "gameplay" that shows the changes I have made. Please watch the video until the end (it is a short video) to see a possible small bug, which may have a quick fix. Otherwise, the ship will remain as it is.

In advance, thank you very much for the help, as all the fixes have been possible thanks to the files you share on the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assassin Ambience Mod - Sea Dogs TEHO 1.7.0

HookMod / Spanish Traslation Mod

Hello,
I'm Bucanero Furtivo, who's testing the Wicked Wench. Here is a video "gameplay" that shows the changes I have made. Please watch the video until the end (it is a short video) to see a possible small bug, which may have a quick fix. Otherwise, the ship will remain as it is.

In advance, thank you very much for the help, as all the fixes have been possible thanks to the files you share on the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent! I must say the Wicked Wench is filled with royalty with those crimson red sails, good choice!

Hello,

The ship does work normally, and I think it is not "sitting" too low. :onya
The only thing missing is the name plate, but I think that this was removed on purpose.
Good work! :cheers

Now about the bug.
I have also seen it once in the Black Pearl when I was playing the last DLC.
I don't know what could be causing it or how it could be fixed though. :unsure
Does it occur regularly? Maybe I was just lucky to have only seen it once.

Excellent! I must say the Wicked Wench is filled with royalty with those crimson red sails, good choice!
Yep, I first saw the Wicked Wench with red sails in this post: Screenshots thread

It was love at first sight, shame I didn't try it with my time with the ship.
But that is what replays are for, right? ;)

Hello,
I hope all of you are okey.
I greatly appreciate receiving my post. Regarding the Wicked Wench with the changes I have made, I can share the file :). But it would be good to spread that bug that is generated, so I will record another Gameplay to show if it happens again or not (I have started a new game with all the changes made in the Wicked Wench). I apologize for my perfectionist attitude hahaha but the 'perfection' is in the details. If you can't fix that little bug, you'll have to live with it, but I've come to think that maybe it's the SAILORSPOINTS file. Perhaps this is useful information for those who know more about programming.
I will record another video showing the ship in daylight, then I will see where I get the modified Wicked Wench ship, right here or as a new post.

Hello,
Next, I will leave the download link of the Wicked Wench. The adaptation of this beta mod was possible thanks to the Pirates Ahoy foreros. The mod was adapted to Sea Dogs TEHO thanks to Alejandro (our partner in translation and programming) and the aesthetic changes were made by me thanks to forum files.
You need to watch the video, I mean it :)
I ask you to please read the notes that appear throughout the video. In a humble way, I ask for your help to solve the real problem of the mod (you will see it in the video).
Those who want to try the mod to try to solve the problem should do the following:
-This mod is in "test" mode (it's a beta). To get the ship quickly, Alejandro added a dialogue line at the Basse-Terre shipyard (Guadaloupe), which allows you to easily get the ship without paying anything. That way, Jtem and I, we could test the mod.
-As it is a beta (not a launch mod), it is important to understand that the mod is in Spanish. If you want to translate it into English, just have to replace the texts in the "shipdescribe.txt" file (be careful not to delete the description from the Wicked Wench) and translate the dialog files (the ones that allow you to get the ship).
-There was an error in the ship_init. The ship has been upgraded to Class 2

*Tomorrow I'm going to try deleting the dialog files and the ship's location to see if this eliminates the shipyard bug. Although like this, perhaps the only way to obtain the ship is through the "Beta Test Mode", because the ship is unique (and it should be that way hehehe).

Video Part 2:

Download link: 30.53 MB file on MEGA

Beforehand thank you very much.
I hope I can count on your support in this mini project, as this is the result of the users of Pirates Ahoy.
:ship

Last edited:
The video mentions a bug in the shipyard in which all prices are 0 as a result of the "Wicked Wench" mod. After you have visited the shipyard and seen these prices, see if there is a file "error.log" in the top level of the game installation folder. If so, it may give a clue as to what is going wrong.

(The Wicked Wench became the Black Pearl after she was burnt and sunk, then was resurrected by Davy Jones. That is why the Black Pearl is black; she has blackened masts and cabins after the burning. ;))

I have done what you suggested, but I was unable to fix the bug. However, I have eliminated the bug in another way, I deleted the Spanish dialog folder and also deleted the "Guadaloupe.ini" file from the 'interface' folder. In this way, the bug of the shipyard prices at $0 has been solved and the game has been full. The problem is that the only way to buy the boat is to activate the "beta test mode" with the F11 key. Therefore, I will leave you the files for download, but duly explained:

Wicked Wench - Complete file: This link contains the complete Wicked Wench mod, however, being a beta it is still in Spanish (dialogues, ShipDescribe.txt, common.ini). In addition, it contains the bug of prices at $0 in the shipyard.
The error is possibly located in:
-PROGRAM/characters/init/Guadeloupe.c
-PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Wicked.c
The files in Spanish (in case you want to translate easily and quickly) are:
-PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Wicked.c
-RESOURCE/INI/texts/russian/common.ini
-RESOURCE/INI/texts/russian/ShipsDescribe.txt
You will understand that this link is intended more for users who wish to modify / solve the bug. Once you translate the file, the way to get the ship is to go to the Basse-Terre shipyard and simply lose the ship to the master with a line of dialogue, done!

Download link (Full Wicked Wench): 30.53 MB file on MEGA

Wicked Wench Black and brown version - This link contains the Wicked Wench mod, but does not contain any bugs. However, the only way to buy it is by activating the "Beta test mode" at any shipyard. This link, comes with 2 versions of the ship. One version comes with the masts and deck in brown (who like the story of the ship based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movie), and a version also comes with the masts and deck in black (this version is I used it in the videos, and I like it a lot, since I'm not interested in the movie version, because the story has no relation to this game, I also like black and red ha-ha-ha). It should be mentioned that the only file that must be translated are the "ShipDescribe.txt" and also the "common.ini" file, that's all (easy to translate and fast):

Download link (Wicked Wench Brown and Black - Beta test mode): 70.74 MB file on MEGA

Note: In any version, a new game must be started.

I should mention that with Jtem and Alejandro, we are collaborating with the creation of a new mission, a great mission. That mission will include the Black Pearl and also the Wicked Wench, as mission trophies. But this will still take a while, since the mission still takes half, and we must write the script for the second part, in addition to making it work well (without bugs) and then translate it into English. I will not give any more spoilers.

For now, I leave the files for you to download what you like. Since this week I will disconnect a bit from the matter, due to work. And next week I have to work on updating the Assassin Ambience Mod, maybe with some demo video.
Greetings.
Have a good week.
:keith

Last edited:
Back