• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Caleuche

JohnV

Terrain Machine
3D Artist
Terrain Sculptor
Does anybody know if I have to give the skull for 500.000 pesos, instead of keeping it, in order to be able to play the quest?

It doesn't matter, Merryman will get the skull either way, sooner or later.
So, there are two subscripts for this quest, one in case you have already given the skull and one in case you have kept it? Or it is just duplicated, so that Merryman possess it either way?

Ok, i found out that this is a riddle for the player himself, what is really made unfair because the logbook doesn´t give enough information to have a chance to find that out, at least in the english version.

For the ones that might be in the same situation as me: The answer is "Harpy".

Last edited:
Ahoy mateys!

Hope everyone is well.

I saw this DLC on sale on Steam. Just wanted to ask is this a DLC you play in the beginning of the game? Do you need to be a high level? Is it completely independent and you can start it anytime? For example, fot the "Final Lesson" DLC it says you should play it at the 4-12 level cap, and before the Dutch gambit quest.

Thank you guys!

1. It´s not that you should play "The Final Lesson" between level 4-12, instead you must decide if you want to play it at level 4 because it starts automaticly once you visit one of the 5 french cities at that moment.

2. To play "The Caleuche" you must be between level 26 & 27 because that one is hardcore and therefore not for beginners. The quest will be startet by a "Strange Indian Amulet" that you can find on ships in captains chests or you can ask beggars in cities for it. It´s both random generated at that moment.

Good luck!

1. It´s not that you should play "The Final Lesson" between level 4-12, instead you must decide if you want to play it at level 4 because it starts automaticly once you visit one of the 5 french cities at that moment.

2. To play "The Caleuche" you must be between level 26 & 27 because that one is hardcore and therefore not for beginners. The quest will be startet by a "Strange Indian Amulet" that you can find on ships in captains chests or you can ask beggars in cities for it. It´s both random generated at that moment.

Good luck!

Thank you so much SD:TEHO for clearing all that.

Cheers!

As i said: You must have reached level/rank 26 or 27 minimum and then ask beggars in all cities of the whole game until one of them is offering you the "Strange Indian Amulet" to start the quest.
If you fulfilled the requirements already and it didn´t work for you, then there must be something wrong with your game.

Last edited:
Okay, that did it somehow. After I restarted and completed Dutch Gambit, I met a Hobo nearly 3 month later in... uhh I think Capsterville.
I think the problem was, that I bought the DLC after I completed DG and therefore the trigger wasn't set.

Back