• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Bounty is sunk by Hurricane Sandy!

Last I heard, she was still upright: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/20124128

If she has sunk by now, that's really unfortunate. :( Losing a ship like that must be devastating for the crew; glad most were rescued, at least.

Unfortunately, CNN is reporting the same thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the two missing crew members, and all those on the east coast of the US. This is one monster storm.

What a shame... Apparently they lost power. Not much you can do in the way of scudding or lying to when you have a lee shore like that.

Update: One of the missing crew was found, but is unresponsive. The last missing crew member is the captain, who some of Pilgrim's crew knew personally.

We know who you are, and we have tolerated your idiocy in the past. Turning this into some kind of joke is taking it too far. I'll request that you desist immediately, and drop your silly little trolling act, or not return again.

Edit: The offending posts have been removed. I will leave this request intact, if the moderators choose not to delete it, since I feel that it should be seen by the individual in question. I'll leave it up to them.

unfortunately, regrettably all i can thiink is: WTF were they doing out there in the first place!
What tragedy. what loss! Yet what Joy to hear most got out alive AND okay.

Not all is seid and done yet for the last man. Hold Fast! (?)

Very Very Sad news indeed. I hope the survivors bear only physical scars, and manage to overcome the shadow that has been cast upon them.

And a big big Thumbs up to the helpers - It takes some proper courage to do what they do, and only the greatest of nations have Coast guards like this among their ranks.

I think that they were trying to skirt around the edge of the storm to make it to a safer harbor. With the storm surge, they would have been safer off at sea. They would have made it, too, if their engines hadn't given up.

That is what the story said. They were trying to go around the edge. It is fitting that she sank in that area since so many others have sunk there.

any news on the captain... he was missing too, but might have made it ?!
not red or heard anything on the international newspaper sites - ?
has he gone down with his ship?

If he hasn't been found by now, there's almost zero chance of survival.

Back