• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Black Pearl 3.0

I'm not going to experiment with that any time soon anyway and probably nobody else will either.
Maybe by the time we get to that, we'll indeed be having that source code.
But at this moment, we're not sure when we'll get that and what we'll be able to do on how short notice. :shrug

Can you please make a PotC compatible version of this ship, Kazeite?
She needs the fal locators changed to rope ones or in PotC the ropes won't show up.
I really, really want to be able to include this ship in Build 14 Beta 1,
but at the present state, I can't. :(

hello again, did any1 have a problem when BlackPearl1_path.gm file actually visible ingame due to non working alpha texture that should actually hide it???

Can u upload working gm file or texture???

TY

I'm not sure if the Black Pearl in the CoAS Combined Modpack is the most recent version,
but the one in PotC Build 14 Beta 1 definitly is. She works fine there. :shrug

Allrighty then! :woot

[attachment=4195:Windows!.jpg]

Now tell me this doesn't look awesome. I dare ya :d:

ZarethPL has simply outdone himself this time :)

Still, it's not technically finished - I still need to make path file invisible, untangle some mimatched locators, add rope railing, and... stuff. But, if you want to download her, be my guest :D

Of course, she doesn't have SAILROSPOINT, but, if I'm not mistaken, the previous version, ported to CoAS, does, right?

Oh, yeah, and I can totally climb up to crows nest, but a) it's very awkward, and b) I can't really see much from there :wp

thanks for the link i made path file invisible now

still have a few questions
1. how can i get light from the lamps as on the picture above?
2. doesnt this model of BP have flagstock? I cant see any flags on she, actually... :(
thanks

Hi,
In answer to:-

You do'nt....PoTC ship do'nt have running lights.Only on boarding decks.

Hi,
In answer to:-

You do'nt....PoTC ship do'nt have running lights.Only on boarding decks.
i use she in CoAS, not in PotC, and the picture definitly shows that this is possible

what about absent flags on BP?

You need to change a certain locator for lights (no I wont do it for you, cause I dont know how)

There should be a single flag on the centre mast :shrug

I'm not sure if the Black Pearl in the CoAS Combined Modpack is the most recent version,
but the one in PotC Build 14 Beta 1 definitly is. She works fine there. :shrug

Whats the differences between the old and ner versions?

Pic's of the differences would be much easier to tell from but if there is none then anything is better than nothing.

The new version is more detailed. The opening post should have some pictures, if I recall.

So, here's my latest upgrade of our favourite pirate ship:

View attachment 4132View attachment 4133

Stern texture has been replaced with different, clearer version.

I've made some new lamps (and I even made some gold, alternate textures for them, for the Wicked Wench :) )

Main cabin's roof has been rounded a little and has a new texture (on the Wicked Wench this roof will be gold as well). Main hull texture has been normalized a little (no more reddish cabin textures)

New window textures and new, more detailed support figures.

View attachment 4134View attachment 4135

Yep, I've finally caved in and made custom deck texture. Happy Now? :) And since I was doing custom deck texture anyway, I've decided to paint the masts black.

Also, the steering wheel has received some slight upgrades, to make it more movie-accurate.

View attachment 4136View attachment 4137

And here's the new capstan :D

View attachment 4138View attachment 4139

You've probably already noticed, but all guns have been shortened and are now black, and with touch-holes. Since I've seen people complaining about it, I've changed the texture coordinates on the cannons, so it's should be compatible with other cannon texture mods.

All masts have now stumps, like all CoAS ships. Also, I've modelled some thicker ropes.

View attachment 4140View attachment 4141

Here's the new crows nest. I've made it so you can actually walk up on the path file and reach it, although I'm not sure about the view :D This part of the mast is actually part of the ship, to avoid the situation where you could loose the mast, but still capable of climbing on now non-existing nest via unchanged path file - the "real" mast starts above crows nest.

Also, all three masts has been extended, as per some side views I've found.

View attachment 4142View attachment 4318

And here are the new figures flanking the main cabins entrance :)

View attachment 4144View attachment 4145

Also, something you've already seen: new figurehead :)

So, here's the ship and textures. I'll alert ZarethPL and ask him to convert the ship :)
EDIT: Downloads moved to PotC FTP in my folder.

Wicked Wench version coming soon.

Hey man!

I really love your work!

I am making a pirate game soon in UE4 and I like your BP, so would you like to share it with me and, if you like, join the team when I start?

I am making a pirate game soon in UE4 and I like your BP, so would you like to share it with me and, if you like, join the team when I start?
You probably have to send him a private message to have any chance of getting a response.

Back