• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Text & Icon Scaling

Marian Devers

Landlubber
Hi, I've been using BlackKnight's text tutorial to increase Land/Sea/Map text size, but I can't seem to find the scaling modifiers for several items. Hope someone can help.

I was also wondering if I could increase the size of the compass icons on the Sea Map and Sea UI. Increase it in size by 2x, and shift everything below the compass icons down.

Also, I do not have a numpad, and it seems that the game uses the numpad +/- to increase Time Speed to 6x. Can I switch these keybinds through an .ini file to something else?

I'm using the GOG version 1.3, playing at 2048x1536 resolution (Retina display)

How can I increase the text size of "On the San Marcos..." and the Date below the compass? (Sea Map)
Screen_Shot_2017_01_08_at_17_46_06.png

How can I increase the Island/Cape/etc. names? (Sea Map)
Screen_Shot_2017_01_08_at_17_46_19.png

Sailor Count inside the Ship Icon on the Sea Map
Screen_Shot_2017_01_08_at_17_46_13.png

If you can't find the scaling modifiers, they might not exist in the code. I had that problem with several elements in PotC.

The "rum" text on the world map might be handled in loginterface.c.

I believe these are the lines in BattleInterface.c that handle the compass size. In any case, this is the basic format for changes to scale.

Code:
BattleInterface.navigation.navigatorWidth            = RecalculateHIcon(256*BI_InterfaceScale);
BattleInterface.navigation.navigatorHeight            = RecalculateVIcon(256*BI_InterfaceScale);

Hook

Back