• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed text bug

Johanno

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hi
in the picture you can see, that the string doesn't get read right.

ntext.png

so i don't think i can fix this by changing the text in: PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Thomas O'Reily_dialog.h
(except by deleting the '\n' characters)

the strange thing is, that it does work for some '\n' and for some not.
Ps: work means in that case that the \n isn't shown, but there is no new line anyway

Attachments

• -=Player=- Santiago. Villa de la Vega store September 25th, 1550.zip
    643.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Indeed I've noticed such issues before as well; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
But I haven't a clue what makes that difference.
I'd suggest just replacing it with a space.
That's a quick fix.

I've run into that problem when creating dialogs for my "Ardent" storyline. As far as I can tell, "\n" only creates a line break if the dialog line is long enough. I've no idea exactly what the limit for "long enough" is.

There's no point in putting a line-break in Thomas O'Reily's dialog at that point, anyway. It's useful, and rather more likely to work, if the dialog line is long enough that it would require a couple of lines to display anyway, especially when the dialog line has some natural breaks if the character says one thing, then continues on to say something else - effectively a paragraph break. So removing the "\n" would be an improvement here even if it did work, and is even more an improvement when the "\n" does not work!

Back