• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Testing new water asset

Captain Murphy

Actually a Captain
TOP CONTRIBUTOR
Programmer
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I finished a branch with a test of new water asset. This is test to get some feedback and thoughts on the system. I modified the existing buoyancy code to use this water instead of the original so we don't have any other major changes other than visual.

It is a pretty flexible and professional level water asset. In fact, same one used by Blackwake game and our own from Salty Sea Dogs.

OjtGCrB.png

saJNx9D.png

hoPwd52.png

3IgyqYd.png

DRvsT9p.png

bpaAqUu.png

@Pieter Boelen Not sure if you noticed, but in one of the shots the rigging had fouled on the two ships and it was dragging my ship down with the other.

@Pieter Boelen Not sure if you noticed, but in one of the shots the rigging had fouled on the two ships and it was dragging my ship down with the other.
Thanks for pointing it out! I didn't notice because I only glanced over the pictures while doing 10 other things at the same time. :rofl

Cool!

Btw, how did you foul the rigging? I tried and the other ships rigging went right through my ship.

Only certain spars are currently set with colliders so you have to catch just the right ones.

V.20 looks and works pretty good. But the low rez sea bottom can be seen much better now. The earlier version blurred the bottom nicely so it looked pretty good.
NH Demo screenie-1.jpg

The ships seem to react to the small waves too much as they are constantly jerking around. You're the expert but they look like miniature ship models to me.

For some reason my frame rates were cut in half. Cpu loads have gone up and now the gpu is at 100% almost all the time. It can barely hold 60fps now. This is ok for now but later with crews and more and larger ships it might become a problem.

The sparkles and shadows look pretty good. NH Demo screenie-2.jpg

Back