• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tenochtitlan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This mod changes some of the dialog for the mission, adds two modded textures, some small changes to the quest itself and adds a new item. :onya

You will need to have three mods installed for this quest to work properly, you must have the "COAS_Characters_mod" and the "POTC-COAS voices mod" and the "Bella Isabella" mod. Although this mod is not dependent on the first two mods, it is on the third and the third requires the first two to be installed. The reason for this is because some of the files both quests use are shared.

Any questions, comments, or possible bugs, please post in this thread.

http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/Tenochtitlan.7z

Aye, but de Shotgun be awesome! :dance Sure hepped in de COAS quest! :onya

Heh heh. Maybe it can stay and I'll add another more period item with it. I haven't looked at all the files yet, I've been working on two Aztec textures.

It's almost done, but this one is a little trickier than the Isabella quest. I can't find the entry for where you get the shotgun, nor can I find the file that spawns the temple guards. :shrug

So far what I have done are the dialog, two textures and some small changes here and there.

The mod will require that you have the modded Isabella quest installed since some of the files that I made some changes in are the same ones in the Isabella quest.

I just finished the "Tenochtitlan" quest and I have to say I'm disapointed with the item you get at the end. Not that it isn't cool, but it just doesn't really fit into the game IMO.
That's the skull, right? I think it fits well enough, the problem I have with it is that it's totally useless. It'd be awesome to not have to worry about your fighters, having the ability to just resurrect them if they get themselves killed. The problem is that doing so makes all their stuff disappear, so you have to loot their body first, raise them, and then give them their stuff back (that is assuming you can even carry it in addition to your own stuff in the first place). It's simply more time efficient to reload the game and try the fight again. If someone could mod the skull to work properly, it'd be an incredibly useful item on par with the rat god, IMO.

No, its the item in the white gods temple. I found the entry for it in the iniitems file so I can add other things I hope.

Well it's supposed to be an easter egg and you can finish the quest without even noticing it's there, so... :shrug

Something which I would of loved to of done but is far beyond my knowledge is create a new item, call it Aztec gold coin, then put somewhere in this quest. And when find take it, you start the Curse of the Blackpearl quest like in POTC.

The quest is ready for d/l and on the FTP, see first post for details.

This mod is featured in the COAS CM and any further development will now be done there, therefore I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back