• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Step by step walkthrough for the introduction of Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

For the thief, go to the store keeper in Port Au Prince, he'll tell you about the thief. That's how i got the thief. Try to be throughout with the conversation.

For the courier ship, you don't have to go to San Jose. It will appear to the North of Trinidad, so wait in ambush at Scarborough Cove or Galera Point under a friendly flag to Spain, check the fast travel option twice per day (in game time) for the ship. Just get there around 3-5 days before deadline.

Ok, I didn't try with the store keeper. Thanks for the help, I guess that will work.

About courier ship, I can't hoist any friendly Spanish flag because at the moment I only have French and Pirate flag... :/
I cruised around Trinidad and tobago, but didn't meet that ship. However, I had a similar quest where a captain on the street invited me on his ship and told me about a pirate who is repairing his ship somewhere near Belize. I accepted his offer and we sailed there to plunder that pirate ship (he was carrying a lot of gold). I didn't have any trouble finding him. Wherever I moored near Belize, that ship was there...

The store keeper is the person you have to talk to, he'll tell you someone attempt to sell it to him, and he will tell you where to look for the thief.

The captain said the ship is under repair, so of course it always there waiting for you. Let your fellow captain attack it at close range with grapeshot. This will minimize your damage, and if your partner is sunk, you have the whole loot for yourself. Just have another officer on hand to take over the ship too for maximum profit.

Now back to the courier ship, just do as i said and keep station at the north of San Jose, Either Scarborough Cove or Galera Point, when the deadline is near, the ship will appear over the horizon. Or you can wait at global map until 2 days before deadline and access tactical map, a message will tell you the ship is on the horizon. Use fast travel to check the direction and sail to it if you can't hoist friendly flag with Spain. And since the ship is fast, disable it's sail to board. Otherwise you will have a hard time to catch it.

The store keeper is the person you have to talk to, he'll tell you someone attempt to sell it to him, and he will tell you where to look for the thief.

The captain said the ship is under repair, so of course it always there waiting for you. Let your fellow captain attack it at close range with grapeshot. This will minimize your damage, and if your partner is sunk, you have the whole loot for yourself. Just have another officer on hand to take over the ship too for maximum profit.

Now back to the courier ship, just do as i said and keep station at the north of San Jose, Either Scarborough Cove or Galera Point, when the deadline is near, the ship will appear over the horizon. Or you can wait at global map until 2 days before deadline and access tactical map, a message will tell you the ship is on the horizon. Use fast travel to check the direction and sail to it if you can't hoist friendly flag with Spain. And since the ship is fast, disable it's sail to board. Otherwise you will have a hard time to catch it.

Ok, I will try that. Thank you very much!

Any idea how to do this quest? I have gathered around 4 quests like this one from the port master, but I haven't finished any of them. If it's like in AoP2, then I guess I will encounter those ships on map and they should be highlighted with a different color. Am I right?

Untitled.jpg

Any other suggestions how to make more money? I'm playing this game for a week now, and I only have gathered around 40.000 pesos. It's really challenging. For instance, passengers now abandon you if you don't get them to a desired town in time. In AoP2 they would just lower your reward...

There 2 ways to earn money. Be a good guy and do helping quest to citizen, later become a merchant to sail all the place to trade, or be a bad guy and do every wicked deed to earn big buck. There is an article about Slave by me, you should read it for detail of being a slave trader. Otherwise just go forth and do things that pirate do.

Ok, thanks for sharing your experience! How about the port master quest? I still can't find the stolen ships. I have gathered 4 port master quests about stolen ships. I didn't finish any of them. Delivering a mail quest is easy, but this one I just don't understand. :/

You have to sail and ask around different port. Remember to check out colored sail to be sure. And you have to have an officer on hand to capture it. I personally don't take this quest since it's very troublesome due to half of the ports belong to your enemy Spain.

You have to sail and ask around different port. Remember to check out colored sail to be sure. And you have to have an officer on hand to capture it. I personally don't take this quest since it's very troublesome due to half of the ports belong to your enemy Spain.

Damn it, I won't be accepting those quests anymore.

Being a good guy mean smaller monetary reward for quest, but with people admiration.
Being bad guy mean more money and people disdain. But with around 1000.000 per month, it's no wonder you are the envy of all those goody two shoes.
Sell cannons and ship for 50k, ransom captain for 20-30k, sell goods for 20-30k, sell slave for 100k per trip. Depend on luck i can make more than 1000k per month with 5 raiding trips around Curacao.

Problems again. Crew raises mutiny every minute. I own my crew around 300.00 pesos. I always reject paying them at the end of the month because salaries are too high! I can't make that amount of money. I thought that just by giving them money from time to time using the raise moral option would make the game playable. I also payed them to spend night with the girls in brothel. It raised the moral to low. Then I gave them 5000 pesos to raise moral to Normal. Still, I got mutiny just when I open Map. Now the game isn't playable. I must add that I have a passenger which I picked up on the sea and took him as my boarder. He has low loyalty, but I don't know if it has to do anything with my crew being mutinous? I only have around 150.000 pesos. How can I pay my crew so much money. I think it's unrealistic. This game is too hard! Way harder than AoP2.

What ship class so you have? If the navigator or you have a lower than required navigation skill, the ship upkeep will be too much. It is absurd, but this is it. I had this problem, and i opened here a topic, but nobody helped. I learned the hard way.
So, it is most likely the navigation skill problem, if not that, then it could be because of bad health that affect your skills. Another cause, that happened to someone, was because he was carrying stuff overweight. Also very absurd.
In the beginning it is a little difficult, but latter... ATM i make over 1 million pesos and a few thousands doubloons a month only from interest, my storage houses are filled with goods and lots of strategic goods, the ship chest has like many millions in gold nuggets, diamonds, rubies, 30 treasure chests etc and i have over 10.000.000 pesos on my character.
I wish there was something to do with all the money. Like developing our own island or something.

There is a trick from the previous games, take note of payday and fire all the crew before that day. Hire them after payday has passed. Example, payday is the 1st of every month, son on the 30th, dock in a port and fire all the crew. On the 2nd, hire them back from the tavern.

Or there is another one involving slaves, it's the same as mentioned above, but this time you enlist the slave to be your crew. The quality isn't as great, but a few battle and they will shape up.

There is a trick from the previous games, take note of payday and fire all the crew before that day. Hire them after payday has passed. Example, payday is the 1st of every month, son on the 30th, dock in a port and fire all the crew. On the 2nd, hire them back from the tavern.

Or there is another one involving slaves, it's the same as mentioned above, but this time you enlist the slave to be your crew. The quality isn't as great, but a few battle and they will shape up.

I will try the first method... Thanks! :)

Anyone got this quest? I'm stuck on it... Can't find the ship. I'm not sure wether I need to sail to Maracaibo or Basse-Terre? I'm wondering around Basse-Terre, but can't find the ship...

Untitled.jpg

Solved, you just have to sail somewhere between these two cities, the ship appears on map with violet sails... :)

Any clue where to look for info about this plant? I've asked the local merchants and traders, but no one knows anything about it...

Untitled.jpg

I don't know, but maybe the gypsy fortune teller or monk may know. Where did you get this plant????

Manga Rose, I got from a quest in Tortuga. Governor's wife tried to put me in a plot, she wanted to steal the money from her husband, and then you have two options, to trust her (which ends bad for you cause you get nothing, she pretends that she doesn't know you after you help her get the key of the governor's chest). If you don't go her way, you get into a fight with her tug which she hired to kill you. After killing him, I opened the chest in governor's work room and found a bunch of items. One of them was this Manga Rose plant which activated quest log. The screenshot is from that quest log.

Just to add that the quest starts randomly (I guess certain rank is needed for it to be activated, cause I visited Tortuga before, but nothing happened). Governor's wife's servant aproaches you on Tortuga streets, and asks you to pay a visit to governor's wife. That's how the quest started.

Back