• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Step by step walkthrough for the introduction of Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

Thanx Sam. i guess i did miss that step, must have overlooked the min cargo, cuz i really didnt see it. like i said earlier, why couldnt they make it like CoAS where you can automatically free roam without quests. this story line is pathetic, while the graphics, characters, trinkets and all that are much better having this stupid a$$ quest @ the start is so idiotic. SMH. wish i could build my own pirate game (dont have $ for the college courses for it)

Also. I never bothered visiting the governor except to get the map (which you can sell for 5K which again, is important for the initial funds to buy the wines.) You can avoid him entirely by asking around town and then getting directed to the church.

Of course you can avoid that the Governor will arrest you but then you won´t get rewarded from him with a Bilbo Sword, a Soldier´s Pistol and a Leather Corset afterwards, like i mentioned at point 05. of my walkthrough and what i show on my first screenshot. It´s a matter of what one prefers.

engine 2016-02-22 11-26-28-65.jpg

FINALLY GOT THE CREW HIRED!!!!!! got the Spanish Engineer...... TY Sam!!

Last edited:
engine 2016-02-22 11-35-27-40.jpg
finally completed it!!! Sam your Walk thru is better than steam is.
to start the navigator quest find the citizen in town name Maurice.
now my biggest problem I have is 1/2 my ship is damaged and 1/2 my crew is gone from the fight with the pirate ship in La Francois, and my $ is down to 2,300. any suggestions.

Have you done the wine mission that Redbeard seriously recommended? I startet the introduction all over again; this time in SEASONED. I did the Assistend-, Wine- and Rum-Mission and have a lot of Money now to start in the open World. As i already mentioned, it´s not advantageous to rush into SDTEHO. This game is much harder than CoAS and if you rush you get stuck for shure. So if you want to play this game you have to be patient and do everything possible OR use cheats, what i personally always reject. It´s also dangerous to lend money from the banker because if you can´t pay back in time he will send killer after you. That was already the same in CoAS. At the moment i still can´t say if i will continue playing SDTEHO after i completed the intro in every possible way to have the best possible start for the open world but if i will fail playing the scheduled way i will give up for shure because then it´s no more fun for me. But i still hope that i will be able to figure out everything and i will take my time for it because i´m not in a hurry at all. These kind of pirate games are very rare, so i don´t have much to choose from anyway and the already existing games are to old and well known for my taste;)

I'm actually up to 54K (now down to 36K cuz I had to repay the banker 16K) I've taken 5 pirate 1 Spanish (got a barque now)
on a St. Pierre gov mission where you got to go to San Juan and meet a priest (21K reward if completed in 40 days) so far I'm getting no where, cant find this guy and keep getting killed by the soldiers. :(

Aaaah i see, so you are already active in the open world. I´m not shure but i have the feeling that it would be better to begin with the Fadey Missions in Guadeloupe like the Brother recommended in the Quest log. At least i will do that once i´ve finished the intrduction (i´m still in rum matters) because i read that this shall give a lot of money in short time. One wrote that he made already $ 800.000 and is only missing $ 200.000 to pay the asked $ 1.000.000 to free the brother. And of course it´s our own dicission if and when we are going to pay his bill or use the money to make even more out of it before;)
I will for shure copy and keep older saves from the install folder of the game to always have the possibility to turn back and try other ways to make the best out of everything.:yes

Last edited:
I want to contribute another starting guide for the game which is a little different from the guide above, but it will not affect later gameplay, just giving you some extra cash and stats early on. this guide take around 3 game days. Things to remember during gameplay:

1st/ Everyday, go around and loot the houses because the chests and trunks contain reset after a period of time so keep on checking for valuable stuff. And the number of accessible houses also are random so check every door. This is a routine for me every passing game day, and there are always extra time until you have to do something so spend your time productively.
2nd/ Save the right item to the right vendors. So find out what type of vendor you are dealing with to sell stuff for the most profitable price. Just check their stock and you will know. The only exception is the bullon. all vendor pay more for them than banker. And remember banker will be gem stone like diamond for better price than vendor.
3rd/When dealing with banker, always asking for pesos instead of bullon unless you need bullon for something. The reason is because bullon has weight while pesos has not. And you can buy bullon from banker and sell to vendor to earn extra pesos. in my game, banker sell 1 bullon for 117 pesos, vendor buy 1 bullon for 134 pesos. If you want to keep some bullon handy, just keep the gemstone, you can always sell it for bullon and 1 gemstone weight less than 100 bullons.

Let's get started.

During the 3 or 4 first days of game play, remember not to sell bullon or gemstone. You will need the bullon later on while the gemstone can be sold to banker at better price in later on (right after you got you ship sail to Guadeloupe).

1st day
At the dock you will be greeted by an old man offering to give you a tour, accept it (you will need to go around a lot so take the tour to get familiar with the city, he will show up later to show you around some more and give you a fencing lesson). After the tour, to go ransack every accessible house in the city. Then ransack the bank, governor house, store, tavern and brothel (may not be possible to loot all unless you have 3000 pesos). There are two stores and 2 taverns on the island so you can loot all of them using the same method.
Bank: The banker will occasionally turn around do something, so get ready to ransack the trunk next to the door (it lead to an empty room which have a chest). after that, go into the empty room, near the desk you will see a chest on a closet, ransack it.
Governor house: Take the door to the right. It will lead to his office which has 2 trunks to loot(sometime a servant will be there, just wait for him to walk away). After looting the office, take the stair to the bed room which will have his wife, on the left side of the bed, there is a chest to loot, wait for his wife to walk away and loot it.
Store: Go in to the store and get up stair, the store room will have around 8 trunk. But there is a guard watching you closely so you have to wait until he walk up to do something to loot the trunks. Be patient and remember to save after a successful heist.
Tavern: Repeatedly talk to the maid until she ask you to share her bed. Agree and she will tell you to rend a room (talk to the bartender and pay 100). Go up the room and loot the nightstand, walk around the room to find lootable item. Then a guy will come up and demand money. Kill him and loot his corpse.
Brothel: You will have to have around 3000 to be able to loot its private room. Go to the office to talk to the madam (on the right corner there is a chest on a stand, wait for the madam to walk away and loot it). If the girls are available, you will have the option of going to the private room with a random girl, the room have 3 lootable trunk and you can loot them without waiting for the girl to be distracted. Go to the gate and get out of the city to explore. After you have familiarize with the island, go back to the city. So if you are lucky, your loots will worth more than 3000.

After looting every possible place, get out of the city. From the gate, going straight will lead you to the fort so turn left to start your exploration. After you have familiar with the layout of the island, go back to the city. (you may or may not see the two running guy and the corpse during this time), if you see them, loot the corpse to get a special earrings and a quest, ignore the quest and keep on exploring the island. Get to the pirate dens to loot the store and tavern there. Then back to the city to talk to the governor about the earrings, he'll reward you with a map that worth more than 4000 if ell to the monk at the vendor.

Now go to the church and talk to the attendants inside and ask about your brother, one will tell you to talk to the abbot. Talk to him (standing on the left corner). He will tell you to wait until tomorrow morning. Now go to the tavern. Play cards or dice with the patrons to earn money and luck. Go down stair and talk to the bartender to rend a room until tomorrow morning.

2nd day
When morning come, go to the church and you will be led to your brother. After the talk, you have to earn money. Now if you took the old man offer to show you around, he will show up for more tour to show, take it and after that, take his fencing lesson. He is tough to defeat, but a safe sword fight is good for starting player. Don't go to talk to the ship yard guy right away. Just go to the ship yard and loot the place.

Now a nobleman who want to have a girl visit him at 11pm tonight will ask you to take the girl for him, he'll give you 6000. Save and go to the brothel to talk to the madam, don't pay her more than 3000. Wait until 11 pm to show up and take the girl to the nobleman house.

Since you will have plenty of time until 11pm, let's be productive. Go to the store, take the job of looking for his assistant. Head to the pirate dens. On the way you will see two guys running off, don't follow them, instead turn to the right to see a corpse. Loot it and you will have a new task. Ignore the new task for now and continue on to the pirate dens. Go to the store in the pirate dens, talk to the man standing in the store, he is the assistant. The assistant tell you he will not go back, so go back to the store in the city to get your reward and next job. The job is to look for a new assistant. Go to the pirare dens again, this time go in the tavern. Talk to the bartender and you will have to pay 1000 for his help. Paid it and wait 1 hour butdon't play cards or dice because you can't see the time (i didn't try to talk to the barmaid to get ambushed so i don't know if you can, but if you can, remember to save before going into the room). After 1 hour, go back to the tavern and three guys will be standing in the middle. Talk to them and pick the guy that offer the embers. Take him back to the store in the city, you'll get 500 + embers. you'll have to wait 1 hour for the reward from the store owner so now go out and head to the governor house. Talk to the governor and ask about the earrings. He'll gave you a map that you can use (it worth more than 4000 so don't go and sell the earrings to venfor). Either keeping the map or sale it is up to you. But i sell it to the monk as the governor suggested to get the money since the map isn't useful to me since i downloaded a better map and put it in my ipad. Now wait for 1 hour and go back to the store owner to get your 5000 reward.

Save the game and go to the port office, talk to the officer, he'll point you to a man (with a musket) near the gate. offer to help the man to rescue his daughter. Now head to the cafe (grotto), when you near there, you'll have to talk to the oldman to get to the cave. After that, go to the cave entrance and fight 4 indians (kill them and loot them). Talk to the oldman again and go into the cave. Another 4 indians to kill and loot. After that, talk to the girl. then go deeper into the cave to talk to a man standing there. Then look the chest. Now head out. Go back to the city and you will have your reward. 3000 + 20 bullons from the oldman, 3000 from the young man.

Now IF you do as i do (without looting the brothel's private room), you money will be 500(starting)-100(maid trap)+3000(nobleman task)+5500(store owner task)+6000(rescue task)+4000(selling the map, it's more than 4000 but the true number depend on trade skill so i round up at 4000)=18900 or more in cash. Now sell the loots you acquired (except the bullons) and you may get up to 25000. Take a look at the time, it still not 11 pm so you can do another quest, the 1st wine quest. Go to the fort and talk to the guard standing at the entrance, he'll ask for a good European wine to be delivered tomorrow morning on the top of the fort. Take the quest and go back to the city, if the vendors are still working, buy from one (cost 700). Every possible quests have been finish except one, so wait until 11 pm and deliver the girl from brothel to the noble man house. After that, go to tavern and sleep or talk to the barmaid to get another fencing "lesson" from her associate. Then wait until tomorrow morning.

3rd day
Go down stair and talk to the bartender. He'll offer a job that start from 7pm (5000 reward). Remember to write down the password he gave. Now head out and buy the European wine if you didn't yesterday. Head to the top of the fort, talk to the soldiers there until one gave you the option of giving him the wine. You'll get 1000 reward. Now he have a proposal for you, to get him 60 case of wine in a week (or ten days i don't remember, i always finish the quest on the 4th days). go back to the city and ask the vendor about the wine, you'll have to pay 1000 for the info on the seller whom is the store owner. He'll deny about the wine, go back to the vendor (the one you paid 1000) and ask again, this time paying 2000 for a introduction note. This is the time you should start counting your money and loot. I have around 26000 so i have to do the tavern quest. If you have 30000, go to the store owner and buy 60 cases of wine to take to the soldier on top of the fort(no need to wait another day). This business net you 60000. No need to rush to the shipyard guy yet. Wait until 7, go to the dock. If you get the message the boat has arrived, save the game. Because the wind direction is random, you should reload if the boat speed is too low.

Now get on the boat and sail out of the bay, then turn right. Continue on and keep on checking if the ship "Ghost" is accessible in the instant travel. When it did, instant travel near it and launch the longboat. The captain will ask who are you, type in the password. After a while, go back to your ship and sail (i was able to instant travel to the habor) to the harbor of the pirate dens, land and some guy will talk to you. Head back to the city tavern for your 5000 reward. And this will be the 4th day in the game. This will be the last day you have to worry about money for the ship. check the time and wait until business hour come so you can finish the wine proposal (if you haven't) or go to talk to the shipyard guy. You will have roughly 65000 pesos now, so pay him 17000 for the ship and proceed just like the guide written by Black Sam Bellamy

That's it for my starting guide. Hope it will help things go easier on new player.

Last edited:
here's a trainer: IDK if it works, I cant get it to: ive tried to use it, I get "trainer activated" and press numpad 1 in character menu and nothing happens my $ stays the same I have the trainer in Admin mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say it one more time, links to illegal content will be removed. If this continues to be a problem, this forum will be closed.

I'll say it one more time, links to illegal content will be removed. If this continues to be a problem, this forum will be closed.
SRY I had no idea which one you were refering to till now. i apologize i really didnt know. MY QUESTION is!
there were two links posted one was by someone else I COPIED the message and ASKED If it was useable I DIDNT NOT POST The Link yet am blamed for posting an illegal link.
the recent one I asked about I DIDNT KNOW it was an illegal Link THATS WHY I WAS ASKING ABOUT IT, I Meant No Harm.

Last edited:
Hi i have 17000+pesos right now but for some reason the shipyard master won't offer me to buy the ship . any idea . this is driving me mad i want to set sails and breath the high sea air . it says i have an unfinished affair .?

Hello,

Need help here. I came to this point, and I encountered a problem: weapons are contraband in both towns and there is only 10 pieces of weapons in Le Francois port.

The Burden of Gascon. - Extension Pt. 2
Go to jail, show commandant released Folke. You will lead your navigator. Talk to him leave the prison, hoping to climb onto the deck of the new ship, but you stop one person. He sent the innkeeper pirate village of Le Francois. He knows that you are going to Guadeloupe, and wants to offer a way to make money. You do not need to give up! Agreeing, go to the deck of the ship, press Enter and go to the cabin. Talk to Folke, landed on the shore and wait for the opening of the shop, sleep in the tavern until morning. You have to buy in the store the goods to the ship's holds were 100 portions of bombs, nuclear, barshots, grapeshot, as well as 200 portions of powder. By doing this, Come up to the deck of the ship. Log cabin, talk to folk, he will say that you need to buy 50 pieces of weapons. Go to the same store and buy weapons. Again, talk to Folke, buy in the store 10 barrels of rum and 100 servings of food supplies.

(And you can buy everything at once, it would not run out of the cabin to the store three times)

Follow Le Francois port, landed, go to another location and enter the city. Talk to the innkeeper, he would say that to anyone you have not sent. Apparently, you are trapped. Go back to your ship and you are attacked by pirates. Shoot them by clicking LMB. On the keys 1, 2, 3 and 4, you can change the shells. To fight was more rapid, click on the Num + key several times. Choose, to take the ship to board the ship or sink it in battle.

Hooray! You have opened the access to the world map!

You are supposed to buy supplies consist of ammunition, food, weapon, medicine, gun powder, rum in Saint Pierre store. You only need around 50 weapons.

Hi i have 17000+pesos right now but for some reason the shipyard master won't offer me to buy the ship . any idea . this is driving me mad i want to set sails and breath the high sea air . it says i have an unfinished affair .?

It mean you have to complete some left over quest. Can't accept and run off now.

Has anyone completed this quest? Im trying to find this guy, but without success. I've read that the thief can be found outside the city gates if you don't encounter him inside the city?

Untitled.jpg

Ask the store keeper. He'll tell you about the thief and where to find him. With this type of quest, you should accept it if you are at some place with few accessible area, like Tortuga so you can easily find the thief. Hispaniola is a big island so it's hard to track down the thief. Also you'll have to look carefully for the thief, run around every corner or stand at a high position to look around for an armed beggar. Download the map of every island so you can choose to accept or deny quest.

Last edited:
I looked for him everywhere, but couldn't find him! I asked every citizen about the barsik, but all of them told me that they don't have any idea who might be selling it. Also, I had a problem with a governor quest. I received a quest from Tortuga governor to hunt down a Spanish courier ship that will be passing by San Jose in 20 days. My duty was to track down that ship, board it and take some valuable documents for the governor. I sailed to Trinidad and Tobago and moored near San Jose, but there was no such ship with the name that governor provided.

For the thief, go to the store keeper in Port Au Prince, he'll tell you about the thief. That's how i got the thief. Try to be throughout with the conversation.

For the courier ship, you don't have to go to San Jose. It will appear to the North of Trinidad, so wait in ambush at Scarborough Cove or Galera Point under a friendly flag to Spain, check the fast travel option twice per day (in game time) for the ship. Just get there around 3-5 days before deadline.

Back