• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Steamwheeler Vs. Pirate Ship!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Ok, this one is a bit strange and I don't usually post stuff like this, but this video is epic! On Friday, during the Maritime Heritage Festival in St. Helens, Oregon, the paddle wheel steamer Portland backed into the 55 foot pirate ship Royaliste while attempting to dock. The steamer was full of passengers at the time, and the pirate ship had a crew of 12 on board, dressed in some nice pirate garb I might add! There were no injuries, but the pirate ship had to be pumped to keep her afloat. You can read more about the story HERE!

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 16
What day and date was that? Mark Twain never even thought of going out on a Friday the Thirteenth (others turning into more nerving wreck) And he knew about Mississippi boats since he has been a captain steering them and told about the hazards. That eg this river finds itself another bed every year. Then the New Orleaners built a city near-by! in the swamps! beneath sea-level! protected by dams made of parchment!

The Netherlanders were having a scratch at their sun-hats. Then it took ten days to get simple water to the struck peeps. Fanks for postin' this marble, haha - The pirate ship had to be pumped empty? that's serious stuff i daresay. Next time a bomb to any menace, no sweat. ...like in Hallo, cabin captain. - Toodle-oo

At least they didn't hit anything important, like Constitution. (I know that could never happen)

Edit: Royaliste is not a pirate ship.

you are talking about a fancy writ The Constitution, not the HMS with the same name? and Kevin already being thinking he is alone on an island. Cheers mate.

Has someone observed those three men on the promenade deck? (probably making ordinary jokes everybody can laugh about; telling the boat-leader to steam up a bit etc) or the wheel instantly turning backwards after it had struck The Royaliste? (inappropriate name if you ask me; unless in the context of staying at a friend's side) then soon steering towards her once more? I better say nothing. The fishermen in Somalia who cannot even find an oyster, reef, not to speak of lil fish even are really scum. The industry fishing fleet deserves some decoration. Mackerel went from 1€ - 1.6o. The till person thought me was crazy. The neighbours? planning a McBlerghburger visit on the Moon. And ciao i'd encourage them. Quite a find, Thagarr. We'll hear from you.

..no rocket deserves them lot. And me is telling merely the surface of a nightmare gone out of order, orbit, ora et labora. Ya, preying for a laboratory with some fantasy freaks and affection. Can you make sheep go buy a bargain bah? fingersnip, they all know is changing the nest, the best planet into a pretty speedway of a car so park, now Pavlov's dog trained to relish in imbecile debacles. And you wouldn't want to be told what they then are capable of doing all the time. Money made the world stop spinning. Still man thinks he has it all sorted. I have a message for them: ...only cannot find words what would reach just one mindful.

Very profitable that publicity stunt. Why not put all thoughts on blank solely? that would at least give a few cometators space for pondering.

Captain Clark Caffall, a professional tug boat operator who was driving the sternwheeler at the time, said the incident was precipitated by a mechanical issue, without providing additional details. But he also noted that the vessel had only been on a few "shakedown runs" prior to the St. Helens trip." Ideally, he said, the boat should be making several passenger runs a year.

"Every boat has personality," said Caffall, who added he's plied the Columbia and Willamette Rivers for decades without incident. "It takes years of continuous operation to get a boat like that dialed in."

:rolleyes:

You can read the rest HERE!!

Back