• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Starting scenario bug

A.H

Privateer
2nd issue I encountered also existed before but I'm not sure if I reported it or not.

When you start a new free play game; and one of your old crew comes and open dialog... you got 3 options.
In order to proceed you need to choose the 3rd one which takes you automatically to shore.

If you choose either one of the first 2, you will just get stuck on the ship without access to fast travel or anything else.. you can simple move around between your cabin and ship deck without the ability to go to port or open world travel, etc.

You should be able to go to port, but not by fast travel. You must find the exit point somewhere on the ship's deck.

If you can't find it, open "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h" with your favourite text editor (Notepad, Wordpad etc.), go right down to the bottom, and change the value of "VISIBLE_LOCATORS" to 1. All locators in the game will now be marked on screen so you should easily be able to find the exit point on the deck - there should be one on each side. Once in port, save game, edit "InternalSettings.h" to set "VISIBLE_LOCATORS" back to 0, and resume the game. (Unless you like having text all over the game screen. :))

If you choose either one of the first 2, you will just get stuck on the ship without access to fast travel or anything else.. you can simple move around between your cabin and ship deck without the ability to go to port or open world travel, etc.
Did you recently play through the Tutorial? If you would, then Malcolm will show you how to proceed.
This works also if you skip the Tutorial, but of course you won't actually be shown then.

I'm guessing @A.H tried to play the tutorial and couldn't find the way to the exit point to follow Malcolm.

If you play the full tutorial (select the first dialog option), does Malcolm walk to the exit point? @A.H: try selecting the first dialog option, then see if your crew-member walks away from you after the sword fights. If so, pay close attention to where he goes.

Which version are you playing? There used to be a bug in which the cabin door sometimes stayed locked when you're supposed to leave, but that should be fixed now.

Besides, you said:
you can simple move around between your cabin and ship deck without the ability to go to port or open world travel
If you can get to the deck then you should have a fight with the crew-member (usually Malcolm Hatcher, though he may be renamed for some FreePlay characters) and then he may walk to the place where you go from the ship to the port.

No worries. We'd rather have someone report something which turns out not to be a bug, than have them keep quiet about something which really is a bug we didn't know about.

Yea I understand.
There is also something now in the save file attached.. one of my master-at-arms is walking around freely like a civilian when he is supposed to be by my side =D

The fat merchant-looking guy.

Attachments

• error.log
    828 bytes · Views: 88
  • Save.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
I've occasionally seen that happen, usually if the officer was stunned and then recovered.

Go to the "Passengers" screen and remove him from your active companions. Then put him back. That ought to reset him to behaving like an officer.

Alright I'll check him out. Also I'm having issue with fast travel; ever since I started the Peter Blood crew's quest I have to go everywhere manually.
I'm in PR now and almost done with quest so I will confirm whether it still exists or not; you can also witness it in the save file I provided.

Yea I finished quest & added Peter to officers; however still bugged.. cannot fast travel anywhere nor go to ship directly.

And I'm also having issue with the ship.. although I have a Boatswain I do not get free bullets & ammo when I go to deck (which in fact I have to do manually since I cannot jump to ship from town).

I even tried going to cabin then to deck but still I dont get any free ammo.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 3.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Free ammo is provided by a gunner, not by a boatswain. ;)

If you want free ammo but don't yet have a gunner, then before you board the ship, go to the "Passengers" screen and change your boatswain to be a gunner. Board the ship, get the free ammo, then change the officer back to being a boatswain.

Or go to the nearest tavern, talk to the tavernkeeper and ask for specific officer, then he'll ask which type of officer you want and you tell him you want a gunner.

Or go to the same tavern, see if any of the people sitting at a table wants to be an officer, and if so, recruit him. Ideally try to find a gunner, but they can learn on the job, especially if you've only recently started the game and aren't all that high level yet - officers you recruit won't be all that high level either. In that case, just grab whichever officer you can, turn him into a gunner, then you'll get your free ammo and he'll gradually gain gunnery skills when you get into sea battles. There isn't always an officer sitting at a table - if you see any soldiers in the tavern, there definitely won't be an officer for hire, so go outside, go back in and look again.

Reactions: A.H
Yea I'll try it out thanks.

With respect to the fast travel inactivity... it might also be due to the Opium.
I think when I started the opium thing this might have started occuring; not 100% sure.

But any idea how I can bring back the fast travel menu ?

Nvm, I actually managed to sell to one of the opium buyers list then force-seize the remaining opium from the guards, and now I can finally walk safe again!

Some error logs for your conveniences:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: Characters\Leveling.c; line: 367
missed attribute: skillimportancetotal
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Characters\Leveling.c; line: 367
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Characters\Leveling.c; line: 373
missed attribute: skill
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
null ap
null ap
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characters.c; line: 242
Using reference variable without initializing
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1415
invalid index -1 [size:1100]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1415
process event stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 749
Ghost A reference
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 749
Ghost A reference
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 3023
missed attribute: traderelation
no rAP data
no rAP data
no rAP data
no rAP data
no rAP data

With respect to the fast travel inactivity... it might also be due to the Opium.
I think when I started the opium thing this might have started occuring; not 100% sure.
Carrying Opium definitely has that effect. :yes

There should be a hint about this in the Questbook.

But any idea how I can bring back the fast travel menu ?
Get rid of the Opium.

Reactions: A.H
Back