• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Standard message after thread

Hellow,

I saw what some people had a standard message and sometimes a phote after a reply but is it possible I can do that to or is this something only staff members can do?

It doesn't work for me, :(

I'll get this:

PiratesAhoy! - Pirate Games | Reviews | News | Forum - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Uh? That's odd. :modding

Anyway, I moved this thread to the correct forum now. :doff

Ah, we recently revoked the ability for standard users to edit their signatures. It's partly to make it more of a 'privilege' for modders and team members, but also so that trolls and the like can't make themselves stand out to gain attention.

We were supposed to make this clear in a revised Forum Rules message, but more important things got in the way. Sorry the change wasn't clearly stated. :oops:

You know, there should be a way to edit your signature after a certain number of posts or a certain period of time. Spammers get banned in 1-2 days now so a trial period should work out ok.

Okay I'll understand, so it's impossible for me to change that because I'm not a staff member?
It's not exclusive to Staff Members; anyone with the Storm Modder ribbon, or in any Hearts of Oak teams (gold outline ribbons) may also edit their signatures.

You know, there should be a way to edit your signature after a certain number of posts or a certain period of time. Spammers get banned in 1-2 days now so a trial period should work out ok.
I'm not sure if that's possible, but I'll look into it.

By contributing to either the PotC: New Horizons mod or AoP2: GOF mods.

Ah, we recently revoked the ability for standard users to edit their signatures. It's partly to make it more of a 'privilege' for modders and team members, but also so that trolls and the like can't make themselves stand out to gain attention.
Really? I must have missed that note! :shock

Are we sure that's necessary? Regular members with signatures never bothered me. Unless they were inappropriate/far too large.

Yeah, we discussed it in a PM a few weeks ago; can't remember which one or if you were even involved. :facepalm
I think we decided that as such a small percentage of regular members use signatures, it would hardly affect anyone to make it a more privileged feature.
If I can set a specific time or post count required to allow members to edit their signatures as Hylie suggests, that might be a good compromise.

Back