• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Sri Sumbhajee Angria sidequest - Spanish Soldier

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
in Beta 3-4

In the new part of Havana town

At the beginning of this side-quest the Spanish Soldier who you steal the uniform off is not appearing.

He used to be generated on locator goto - goto23 (which was behind the church).

He would only generate when the player hit locator reload - reload_3_3_back ( which was the gate between the old church part of town and the part with the tavern in) when the player hit this locator he talked to himself and the soldier was generated.

locator goto - goto23 is now nowhere near the church & locator reload - reload_3_3_back does not appear to exist.

So you can't get the uniform and I think this is stopping Askay from telling me the problem and the Quest Book Updating.

Attachments

• error.log
    180 bytes · Views: 194
  • compile.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 175
  • system.log
    3.2 KB · Views: 202
:ahoy

Best solution I can think of is to use the locator at the tavern entrance to trigger the player talking to self and the Spanish soldier being generated.

Then as long as locator goto - goto23 is in sight of the tavern door -( or perhaps another locator in sight of the tavern door could be used as the location for the soldier to generate) - then the problem should be solved.

I don't know how you code a locator to cause the player to talk to themselves (activate dialog).:shrug

:cheers

:ahoy

I have got the quest to work - without taking the uniform from the soldier :dance

All it means is that you don't talk to the Prison Commandant - and he has no part in the quest.

:cheers

Back