• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help specific weather

Myth

Freebooter
Good afternoon. The guys tell me how to install a specific weather conditions in certain coastal waters of the island?

Does CoAS have the SetNextWeather function?
If so, use that before the player is reloaded to the island.

int n = FindIsland("LostShipsCity");
Islands[n].QuestlockWeather = "Storm04";
I'm not familiar with that; that sounds like a specific CoAS feature.

Does "SetNextWeather" exist anywhere in the PROGRAM\Weather code files?

Yes, this function is in the code. But as I understand it, you said you must first install the weather, then teleport the hero ship. But I have to turn on the storm, after the hero enters with a global map in the coastal waters of the island.

Teleport is a global map, where verification of the island does not deliver. I put the check on entry into the coastal waters.

If you call "SetNextWeather" before going on the worldmap or while being on it, then it should take effect when reloading to 3D Sailing Mode.
I know that works in PotC, because I have made use of it to ensure your encounter with the Flying Dutchman occurs in stormy weather.
But in my case, the island doesn't matter because it works anywhere. So if you want the weather set for a specific island, that does make it more complicated.

I also know that the "Trident of Neptune" item I added to PotC can trigger an "instant weather update" which makes use of it while in 3D Sailing Mode (if I remember correctly).
But I'm not sure if that approach would work in CoAS because the PotC weather system has been heavily rewritten.

Back