• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Spanish translation

I'd recommend to give the dialogs a go, specially those for tavern keepers, governors, traders, etc. as they're mostly carbon copies of each other with only some minor variations if they're involved in some specific quests, and I have already translated at least one of each so they could be used as template.

Ahhhh!! xD So I need help to resolve one doubt.
@Homo eructus have uploaded all the game's files (translated and not translated) or just translated files?:checklist

Only the translated files, they should be ready to just unzip them in the 4.1 July 28th version of the POTC directory (create a back up first) and have a working translation of everything we have so far. You can take it from there and start with the non-translated files.

Do you mean in your uplouded files?
Yes, in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SPANISH. Of course, most file names just have the name of the character and you can't immediately tell which one is a tavern-keeper or a governor, so you have to go through them until you find the corresponding text.

If you have more specific doubts, PM me and we can speak in Spanish so it's easier to explain.

Note that the current Beta 4.1 WIP is newer than that, so there might be some incompatibilities by now!
Yeah, that's why I specified July 28th. If @Alexar is not using that particular version, I recommend installing it if only for the translation work, so we're both working with the same files and it's easier to put them together later and update to whatever the latest version is when we're finished. If the Juy 28th exe isn't available to download anymore, I can provide it.

I'm not sure if it is still around, because I replaced it a while back with a new and improved version.
So it might indeed be a good idea if you can provide it. :doff

@Grey Roger I have got a problem to install well that version

upload_2017-4-7_12-13-15.png

Don't lack that .tar file?

EDIT: The setup installed some things and finished but I don't know if that could be a problems focus in the future.

Last edited:
If you have "b14_beta4_final.tar", is it in the same folder as "b14_beta4-1_installer_28Jul.exe"?

EDIT: The setup installed some things and finished but I don't know if that could be a problems focus in the future.
Did you install on top of the Unmodded game?
If so, when you get that message, effectively the mod should refuse to install at all.
Otherwise you would be missing easily 90% of the required files.
When you start the game afterwards, it should still be the stock game.

That's right, therefore I can use the same "b14_beta4_final.tar", that I had got in 4.0 version.
The "b14_beta4_final.tar" files are indeed identical between all Beta 4 versions, including any Beta 4.1 WIP ones.

that's what you mean?
It needs to be named exactly that and be placed in the exact same folder as where the Installer EXE is placed.

Back