• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

source request

Captain_Vane

Landlubber
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what the status is on the CoAS source and mod project? Is it still possible to get the password to the source? ( I already have VS2012) I understand there could be no redistribution of it.
If anything is still in progress,I'd be happy to assist wherever I can, but I expect my time will be very limited.
If nothing is in progress, maybe I can start something, maybe even porting it to Irrlicht.

As for being unknown here. True, I am new here, but I'm hoping there are few old timers here who might be willing to vouch for me. I've been knocked on the head a few times, but I still remember SD names like Hosehead, Heyredden Barbarossa,Couch Captain (CCC),Scrogdog,Fred Bob,GreyWolf,Old Ben Gunn and others. They would remember me by my old name of Black Jack Incognito.

Thanks for your consideration. Fair winds to everyone.

Captain Vane (BJI)

Last edited:
There are some people working with the source code independently, but there is no wider coordinated effort like we have for PotC modding and New Horizons Remastered.

I would advise against starting a new project with the CoAS source code unless you could really dedicate yourself to it, because you'd likely be on your own. Previous efforts to coordinate with other source code modders never got off the ground.

Back