• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sounds are all scrambled in AoP2 :/

Voidus

Landlubber
Hi,

I wanted to Give AoP2 a try along with PotC but it simply won't work on Win 10, it installs and runs fine but the sounds are really bad, as if going through a cheap or broken speaker. Running in compatibility mode doesn't help either.

Does AoP 2 have the "no frame rate limiter" problem?
Or is this something else?

I had the same problem and it seems to be a vanilla game problem only. In my two different GoF installations these issues don't exist. So the solution is there but not yet for vanilla.

Last edited:
I had the same problem and it seems to be a vanilla game problem only. In my two different GoF installations these issues don't exist. So the solution is there but not yet for vanilla.
Are you saying installing GOF fixed it? In my case it didn't :modding

I upgraded my system from 8.1 to 10 and while the vanilla installation seemed to have a problem with that the GoF installations didn't.

Sadly doesn't work, I went as far as uninstalling the audio driver and installing an older version. I guess some things aren't meant to be.

Sadly doesn't work, I went as far as uninstalling the audio driver and installing an older version. I guess some things aren't meant to be.

I'm honestly truly disappointed that nobody's hit up the FAQ on this one.

In your engine.ini -

Code:
[sound]
sound path = resource\sounds\
UseMM = 0

Once you've set UseMM to zero it'll probably be fixed.

Look here.
Topic: Age of PiratesII ... only for the original version ... from de Zee Roovers <german Team>

Look for the post: engine.ini
Change the engine.ini as described
Then it should go.

Best regards
Jan

Back