• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some updates

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Here are some updates following a recent play through this storyline.

I had an odd problem at the scene in which you and Will Turner go to the treasure cave. There's the video of Barbossa's speech, a dialog with Will, he hits me, and I die, game over. I don't know why it went wrong this time as I've played the story before. Actually I don't know why it did work before because what makes you fall down after Will hits you is 'Lai_KillCharacter(pchar)'.

In "Tales of a Sea Hawk", when you let slip that you work for Silehard, Danielle attacks you and the game plays a death animation without killing you. I changed "JackSparrow" to do likewise, and then the cave scene worked.

In the "Gombo the Slave" sidequest, Nigel the Slave meets you outside Kralendijk and offers to help fight slavers on the shore if you take him as an officer. If you don't know what is about to happen and have a full party, Nigel fails to join you and the scene on the shore does not work. Now, if he can't join you in an empty slot, Nigel goes into slot 3, unless Gombo is in slot 3 in which case Nigel takes slot 2.

Attachments

• JackSparrow.zip
    540.1 KB · Views: 193
The zip has been updated with a few more tweaks.

This is one of Sao Feng's guards:
bodyguard_old.jpg

The fleshy collar is an attempt to disguise the collar which is part of the "Blazie" model that provided the upper body. Since @DeathDaisy made character models obey alpha masks, there is another way to hide the collar - make it invisible:
bodyguard_new.jpg
There is a slight snag. Part of her hair is transparent when viewed from the front. It's partly hidden by the collar and more visible with the invisible collar. But I regard that as the lesser of two weevils.

The "Hard Labours of an Assassin" quest never got a "Jack Sparrow" makeover, so Jack does the usual quest, ending with him meeting a familiar face:
sparrow_sparrow.jpg

A bit of tweaking to "thug9", and now:
sparrow_hawk.jpg
Since Jack Sparrow has been visiting Nathaniel Hawk's storyline since the early days of Build 14, it's only fair that Nathaniel Hawk returns the visit...

Last edited:
He might have sunk, or more likely captured, a Pearl. The Pearl is either in San Juan harbour waiting for Jack to return, at Isla de Muerte with Barbossa, or it's still Beckett's wench. :pirateraft

He might have sunk, or more likely captured, a Pearl. The Pearl is either in San Juan harbour waiting for Jack to return, at Isla de Muerte with Barbossa, or it's still Beckett's wench. :pirateraft
There should be a 10 year time jump in HTC, right?
That's when Sea Hawk should logically take place.

The "canon" ending is that Nathaniel sinks the Pearl.
And the skeletons repair it again on the bottom of the ocean.

Any such apology would have to depend on how far you have progressed through HTC.

But this gives me a silly idea for "Tales of a Sea Hawk" if you wait until you've finished the main story and are sailing the Pearl when you finish the "Assassin" sidequest.

Hawk: "You're stuck here with me. And I've got your ship."
Sparrow: "No, you're stuck here with me and you just brought me my ship."

You get back to port, you see the Pearl sailing away, but Sparrow has left you the Interceptor.

But this gives me a silly idea for "Tales of a Sea Hawk" if you wait until you've finished the main story and are sailing the Pearl when you finish the "Assassin" sidequest.

Hawk: "You're stuck here with me. And I've got your ship."
Sparrow: "No, you're stuck here with me and you just brought me my ship."

You get back to port, you see the Pearl sailing away, but Sparrow has left you the Interceptor.
Ooh!
Nice one. :rofl

Done. It works even better if you know the original source for those lines... (Yes, it's another film Easter egg. :D)

Another fix:

If you follow the "Brotherhood" path through the early days, then do the "Slaver" side of the "Gentleman Jocard" quest, you get to kill Jocard and his guards and free the slaves. The questbook says you should see Nathan Kell about a suitable replacement Pirate Lord. But Nathan Kell has no suitable dialog, either in his storyline files or in "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog".

He's supposed to send you to Cap'n Drow in the fort. So I've added a few lines to his storyline dialog plus a bit of quest code to have him switch dialog file and update the questbook.

It works even better if you know the original source for those lines... (Yes, it's another film Easter egg. :D)
Tried to find it just now.
Is it this one?
Urban Dictionary: I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!

Another fix:

If you follow the "Brotherhood" path through the early days, then do the "Slaver" side of the "Gentleman Jocard" quest, you get to kill Jocard and his guards and free the slaves. The questbook says you should see Nathan Kell about a suitable replacement Pirate Lord. But Nathan Kell has no suitable dialog, either in his storyline files or in "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog".

He's supposed to send you to Cap'n Drow in the fort. So I've added a few lines to his storyline dialog plus a bit of quest code to have him switch dialog file and update the questbook.
Much more better! :cheers

Not sure - for some reason I can't get onto Urban Dictionary. Which one do you think it is?
Apparently "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" from the Watchmen movie I never bothered watching...

Not that one, then. A fuller version of the original is:
... this thing is not gonna end the way that you thought it was, because the last time I checked, you're locked in here with me, and I'm the one with the gun!
No. You are locked in here with me and you just brought me mine.

Meanwhile, in the 2nd September update:
got_my_ship.jpg brought_my_ship.jpg

Then, when you get to the port or beach, wherever you last saw the Pearl...
stole_my_ship.jpg
(A quick name and outfit change so that I wasn't cursing Sparrow while being Sparrow. The quickest way to test this was to start a FreePlay as Jack Sparrow as that got me the Black Pearl right away, then speed-run the "Hard Labours of an Assassin" quest, which is why Sparrow is looking at Sparrow in the earlier screenshots.)

Hitman: Agent 47 then.
Also something I haven't seen...
Correct. Now, bear in mind that this is "Hard Labours of an Assassin". And that the game code name for the quest is "Hitman" (and has been since long before the "Hitman" games and subsequent films were invented).

Wonder how many players will triggerc that.
And get upset. :rofl
If you FreePlay as Jack Sparrow, you just got out-Sparrowed. If you're Barbossa, now you know why you hate Sparrow. If you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk", you should have done the quest earlier - there's a point in the story where you do a lot of shuttling between San Juan and the southern islands, which is the perfect time to do "Hard Labours of an Assassin".

Anyway, at least you get the Interceptor in return. By comparison, in "Hoist the Colours", Jaoquin de Masse steals either the Black Pearl or Crimson Blood and gives you nothing back.

A couple more tweaks are going into the next update. First, I remembered this:
Some first impressions
It's unlikely that anyone will extend "Hoist the Colours" to cover the events of "Dead Man's Chest", let alone "At the World's End", so that scene is unlikely ever to go into the game properly. However, the lines which drew @DavyJack's attention can certainly be fitted in, in a different context:
cutler_dialog1.jpg cutler_dialog2.jpg
After that, the scene continues as normal.

Governor Weatherby Swann uses the "Modyford" character model. Being an import from AoP, this has no talking head model, so he has a blank square where the talking head would normally be. Having recently created static head models for Davy Jones' crew by using @Jack Rackham's technique for lowering the model to eye level, plus my own technique for making an unanimated "animation", I did the same for "Modyford":
swann_head.jpg

Back