• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some questions from a new player

zaccard

Landlubber
Hello

Long time ago i played the first Sea dogs(sentimental feelings here;)), i remember waiting for sea dogs2, then they changed the name to pirates of the caribbean(fluch der karibik) and then, cant remember why i simply lost the connection to this game.
Before some days, after watching some youtoube videos i get in the mood to find out what happend to Sea dogs 2:) so i was suprised and happy to find this site for Sea dogs 2,3 potc coas ct.......yea all the titles for the Sea dogs sequels are a little confusing, first i thought that they are differend games from differend publishers.
I installed coas and potc with the latest CM version 3.1 and build 14 beta with patch.
Now i have some problems with this 2 installs.

Here some questions for coas...
All works fine in coas theres so far only 1 problem, i can fire cannons in 1rst person view, but i cant fire cannons in 3rd person mode, are there any settings im missing??
Will direct sail be implemented in coas?
How can i reduce the "running arround" on ship of my sailors in 1rst person view, they are just too active:))

Problem with potc
All works fine but when im in rooms or on ship i cant proper turn arround my char with mouse(sry dont now how to explain) in open area all works fine.

Finaly,, will be nice if someone can tell in short whats the greatest differences of the moded potc and coas.....

Thanks in advice and sorry for my limited english:)

Peter

Here some questions for coas...
All works fine in coas theres so far only 1 problem, i can fire cannons in 1rst person view, but i cant fire cannons in 3rd person mode, are there any settings im missing??
Supposing that CoAS works the same as PotC (and I think it does), in 3rd person mode, you need to have an enemy ship in front of your cannons, then press [Space] to fire your cannons.
If that doesn't work, I suspect there's an unintentional problem going on somewhere.

Will direct sail be implemented in coas?
Eventually we do hope so, but it's been proving rather tricky and there's been no real luck with it just yet.

How can i reduce the "running arround" on ship of my sailors in 1rst person view, they are just too active:))
It's probably easier to remove them altogether again (like in the stock game) than to reduce their activity. :?

Problem with potc
All works fine but when im in rooms or on ship i cant proper turn arround my char with mouse(sry dont now how to explain) in open area all works fine.
That sounds really weird. Does your character not turn around at all? Can you still move forward and backward?

Finaly,, will be nice if someone can tell in short whats the greatest differences of the moded potc and coas.....
You can find some good information on the PotC Build Mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons
CoAS + Combined Modpack is a good game, but hasn't been in development as long as the PotC Build Mod has.
Therefore, the graphics are better and it's got some features that PotC + Build Mod doesn't have,
but then gameplay-wise the PotC Build Mod also has a lot to offer. :shrug

]Supposing that CoAS works the same as PotC (and I think it does), in 3rd person mode, you need to have an enemy ship in front of your cannons, then press [Space] to fire your cannons.
If that doesn't work, I suspect there's an unintentional problem going on somewhere.
Now i tested it again,enemy ship infront of my cannons, i can fire with left mouse in 3rd person view(but works not allways), [space] does not work at all.....weird

Does your character not turn around at all? Can you still move forward and backward?
I can move forward backwards without problems, but turning arround(only in rooms and on ship) is near impossible, too slow, sometimes when im in a room the running/walking slows a bit down(like slowmotion), but thats no problem, like i sayed the turning arround is what it makes unplayable.
I got a highend sys, so the pc specs cant be the prob i think..

press mouse button 1 to fire your cannons in third person view.

If you are having other control problems, try restting to default controls, and then set your controls manually.

press mouse button 1 to fire your cannons in third person view.

If you are having other control problems, try restting to default controls, and then set your controls manually.

i tried to config a other key for firing cannons in 3rd person, but the result is the same like with default controll settings.
When i sett firing cannons on for example "l" buttom then 1rst person works like in default settings without probs but 3rd person view does not work allways..

As for your question of PotC vs CoAS:

Advantages PotC:
- More nation-specific looking town models in the original game.
- The PotC Build Mod. This doesn't just make the game better or even transforms it into a new game;
what the PotC Build Mod does is to transform the original PotC into SEVERAL great new games.

In addition to the original game's storyline, there is now four more that provide lots more playable content.
One of these, the Hornblower one, even provides naval gameplay. And there's a Jack Sparrow story as well.
And when I say "storyline", I don't just mean "playable character", but there's an actual story to follow as well,
some even with different choices and routes to follow.

The Periods mod also ensures period-correctness in soldier uniforms, ships encountered, flags flown, nation relations and much more.
And in the last two periods, the United States even make their appearance as a nation in the game.

Advantages CoAS:
- Better graphics.
- Better unmodded game.
- Combined Modpack. This fixes several bugs from the original game, improved gameplay through some code adjustments and rebalancing,
along with many new character and ship models.

Back