• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some Questions about POTC: NH Modding Tutorial?

pirateking

Privateer
Hello Guys!

I have some Question about POTC:NH Modding Tutorial.

Is there anywhere a good easy understanding Modding Tutorial for:

* Adding/Import new POTC Charakter
* Adding/Import new Weapons and Items
* Adding new Pirate Jolly Roger Black Flag

CU
Pirate King

@pirateking: The tutorials that exists can be found here: Tools, Tutorials and Information | PiratesAhoy!
Also in the "Documentation" folder in your main game folder.

If you have specific questions, you can always ask.

Of course none of this covers "learning graphical/modeling skills".
That is not game-specific and you can find plenty of general tutorials and/or YouTube videos on the internet for that.

Adding new Pirate Jolly Roger Black Flag
That one is slightly tricky, specifically because flags come in entire rows.
Adding just one flag doesn't really work with the system.

You can't add a new Pirate flag anyway, unless we arrange for a new row to be active. All slots in the current five rows are full, so you'd need to replace, not add, a Pirate flag.

I'm not sure off-hand what it's for, but that position can't be used. You'll note that each row has a blank black area at the end; if that were usable, we'd have used them. ;)

I have seen a Black Flag with no Desgin i thing i will use that.

Did i understand right? I dont can add a new Pirate Flag because it is close.
I can only replace one of the Flag in the 5 Rows.?

There are five files of pirate flags, one for each row. They're all full. That is why you can't add a new flag, you can only replace an existing one.

There is a plain black Pirate flag. It's the third one in "pirtflg4.tga.tx". That works out as flag 23. If you look through "initModels.c", you'll find several characters who use that flag, so if you replace it with yours, they'll all use your flag as well.

If you replace the Moorish flag which is the third one in "pirtflg5.tga.tx", you won't have that problem. That would be flag 30 in "initModels.c", and as no current character uses pirate flag 30, no other character will get your flag.

Of course, it's only important when you start a new Free Play game. You can generally change your flags to suit yourself when you're choosing your character, so if you start a game with one of those other characters who would normally use the plain black flag and who now gets your flag, you can choose one of the others before starting the game. So you don't have to play as Horatio Hornblower with a straw hat pirate flag. xD

The transparent spot at the far right is absolutely required by the Different Flags system.
If you put a visible flag there, I think it'll always show and mess things up big time.
So indeed that one is not usable.

Extra point: Some of the pirate flags are available for random pirates and some are not.
If I recall, the two last columns in each row are locked out so they aren't used by any random NPCs.

Hm which transparent spot at the far right did you mean?
The one you probably don't see because it's transparent! :rofl

It is there though. If there are 6-7 flags next to each other (can't remember the number now),
there is one additional spot to the right of those which is transparent on purpose.

If you're using Photoshop, switch from showing Layers to showing Channels. One of the channels is the Alpha channel, which determines which parts of the image are transparent. If you do that to a flag texture file, you'll see that almost all the row in the Alpha channel is white, but the part at the right is black. That makes the right-most part, i.e. the pure black piece, transparent in the game.

There are 7 valid flags in a row. That brings up another point - even if replacing that black patch with your flag didn't break the game, it wouldn't do you any good because the numbering system for flags assumes 7 flags to a row and won't look at that 8th position. So if you put a flag there, you'll either see it in places you don't want to see it, or you won't see it at all.

Hello Guys!

I should know which Flag Postion can i replace so that only my Monkeys D. Ruffy Charakter has this Pirate Flag.
Please van you Tell me that.

Cu Pirateking

One of the last two flags in any row, if I remember correctly.

@Grey Roger: Did you not add a bunch of blank flag textures to the personal flags?
Maybe the same could be done for the Pirate ones?

@pedrwyth: If I recall, you made some changes to what pirate flags are used in the game a while back.
Do you remember exactly what you did back then?
Specifically, do you remember if the newer rows are set to be used in random encounters at all?

@pedrwyth: If I recall, you made some changes to what pirate flags are used in the game a while back.
Do you remember exactly what you did back then?
Specifically, do you remember if the newer rows are set to be used in random encounters at all?

This is what was discussed and is set up at the moment

Included in Build - Flags: Additional Personal and Pirate Flags | Page 11 | PiratesAhoy!.

A new row (once enabled) would not be randomly selectable when added but with this additional row of textures the old excluded row would then be in an effectively expanded green area unless another one (ie -3 ) is added to the exclusion in GetPirateFlag.
So to do that you would need to change
Code:
ntex = rand(PIRATEFLAGS_TEXTURES_QUANTITY - 2);
in Programs/battleinterface/flags.c to

Code:
ntex = rand(PIRATEFLAGS_TEXTURES_QUANTITY - 3); //PW disable last two rows for random selection
That should remove the last two rows from random selection.

If it is wanted for the new flags to be available as random selections simplest would be to rename all the existing flags and crests etc in the current last row to be the next row and slot in a new row before it - then the numbering in GetPirateFlag would just keep the last line excluded.

Clear enough?

Last edited:
Brilliant; Thanks, @pedrwyth! :cheers

In that case, perhaps @Grey Roger could add one extra row of "blank" pirate flags.
Then it's easier to add some extra for personal use.

Cool.
But for me Projekt i will replace one of the Exit Flag (Flag27),
because the Flag should be a no Random Flag!

@Grey Roger Pleace let me know if you add the Strawhat Flag
into the new Flag Row! So then place but it on the Position
which is Block.

Update Lineup:
If i know to Adding/Import new Weapons i will add 2 new Katanas.
I plan to make 2 copys of the Katana and add it to Game more Details
you will see if i know the Wortk. The 2 New Katanas would be very Rare
Swords which can only buy in Pirates Stores.

Last edited:
Hello Guys!
I have a Problem with me Onepiece Flag Mod Work.

The Probleme is that me ship has only Pirate Flag Not 3 three Fags.
Tomorro i Upload me Modwork files.

The number of flags depends on the ship. Some ships have only one.

Alternatively, if the pennant texture is transparent, you'll also seem to be missing some flags.

Ah ok!
I use the Wicked Wench for my characters,
And at the ship I have only one flag above!

Please can you check me Work.
Thanks CU

Pirate king

Attachments

• One Piece UpdateV1.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Back