• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Some questions about PoTC New Horizon gameplay

kwiatolec

Landlubber
Hello! I have some questions. Please tell me if I should start a new thread, or you give me the answer here.

1. Can I give my officers any items? How can I do that, cause I don't see any dialog option?
2. I should have as many weapons as I have crew members or just one blade and all of them will have the same weapon?
If they need one weapon for one man, will they equip the best gear, or I must take out blades with smaller damage (in case I have more weapons then crew).
3. Is it a random event that suddenly I'm being atacked in town/shop/tavern by some robbers, which have come out of nowhere and I'm killed by them, cause I'm to weak?

1: Walk up to the officer as if you were going to talk to him. Press the "Enter" key. You should have a range of icons, among them the one to exchange equipment.

2: If you're putting weapons into the weapons locker, you don't necessarily need more weapons than there are boarders on any single deck. Crew who survive the fight and return to the ship will put their weapons back in the locker. But those who don't survive won't return their weapons, so having more means your crew still have some weapons on the next deck.

Crew will automatically take the best weapons first. But the game sometimes has funny ideas about which blade is best, as you'll find if you're carrying a range of blades and press "1" to auto-equip the best one.

3: Yes, it's random. You can tell some of your crew to follow you ashore, but if you do, you're more likely to be attacked. Having some officers with you who have decent swords and Melee skill will help.

You should not be attacked in the shop. Random thugs can certainly attack you in the street. In my experience, tavern fights only happen if you've talked to someone and the conversation ended with a tavern brawl, but they may be more common if you have taken crew ashore - I've never done that so I don't know for sure.

Ad 2. But if I have 200 people in a crew, I should have 200 sabers? Or only over a dozen - as much as I see mates on the deck?
What about other ships in my fleet?

New questions:
Is it possible to sort weapons by the damage, to make faster decision what I should equip myself or give to one of my officers?

Or only over a dozen - as much as I see mates on the deck?
That one.

They're literally only used during actual boarding scenes.
Other ships in your fleet never get boarded so you don't need to worry about those.
There is only one thing you CAN put on their Weapons Locker that actually does something: Cursed Coins.

Is it possible to sort weapons by the damage, to make faster decision what I should equip myself or give to one of my officers?
You mean in the interface?
In theory, I suppose that might be possible.
In practice, it is not going to happen because nobody is going up do it.

One thing that exists that might help is the "Sell All Loot" button at the item traders.
That automatically gets rid of crappy weapons.
Of course you may not agree with the logic behind what that does, but it is the best we've got.

Is it important to put some guns in warchest or even without it my crew will be shooting? (for example after boarding still I'll have message like 22 killed by muskets).

That message is a specific ability that kills off part of the enemy crew before the boarding starts.
It has nothing to do with having guns in the locker.
If you add some in there, your crew can use them. If they don't have them, then they can't. ;)

Back