• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Some Bugs I encountered

DaKayOne

Landlubber
Didn't find any topic about these bugs so I just thought I open one.

While playing the "Tales of the Sea Hawk" Story line I encountered some bugs I want to report:

1. Had a problem with the ship repair. The amount for repairing one of my my ships (only 1 ship out of 3 had this problem) was negative (-13000) and if I clicked on "repair all" the game completely crashed. So I had to repair it by clicking on the little arrows next to "Hull" and "Rig" until it was on 100% and then just click on "repair". After I sold this ship (because I entered a better one) this problem is gone.

2. Talking to the tavern owners and asking them for the latest rumours ALWAYS makes my game crash. Its not that a big problem since you also can ask for the latest rumours when talking to random people in the cities.

3. During entering I can not loot the bodies of the killed enemy-crew-members. Standing next to the dead bodies and pressing space bar teleports me to the next stage...and when pressing ENTER and picking the loot option from the quick menu always makes my game crash.

4. Sometimes during sea battles my cannons don't shoot anymore. It seemed like ships in the fire area of the cannons aren't noticed by the game anymore. An example I just had yesterday evening: I was fighting a french convoy of merchants. I had one merchant in the fire area of the cannons on my left flank. After some shoots the cannons just stopped firing...I could press the space bar like crazy, nothing happend. So I turned the ship that the stern cannons where pointing to the mentioned ship and...suddenly I could continue shooting. I turned the ship back to the old position with my side cannons pointing on the merchants ship again...and I could continue shooting. Happend to me more than once...maybe 2 or 3 times until now.

EDIT on point 4: I hit you if you say "did you wait until your cannons where reloaded?"...I am not stupid :p

Thats all for now (but its enough I think). I don't need a solution for that because I can deal with that little problems, the game is still playable for me...I just wanted to inform you about the bugs :)

1. What ship was this? I have only seen this with the Black Pearl after capturing it. It was caused by it going from a cursed ship to uncursed and its stats were around 300%. But it never crashed my game.

2. That is a rare problem. Dunno what causes it.

3. Looting corpses during a boarding battle does often cause a ctd. The item in the 1st post here seems to have stopped that for me. http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/heap-corruption-random-crashes.19362/

4. I can not recall hearing that one before. What happens when you use the "V" button?

1. Hm...I have to check which one it was...but what I can say for sure is that it was a regular ship (class 4) I entered during a battle. The strange thing is that I didn't have this problem from the start. I fought like 3 or 4 Sea Battles, the mentioned ship also took some damage and when I headed into the shipyard to repair it all was like it has to be. This problem appeared kinda randomly.

2. Kay...

3. I have to try, thx.

4. Didn't try that until now...if I happen to experience that problem again I will try the "V" and see if I can still shoot manually. Now when I think about it I also remember that this "bug" in one case has gone a little further then described. The ships I attacked were in flee-mode, I still was in Battle-distance but suddenly the music that you hear when you got away or won a battle was playing and I could enter the world map which shouldn't be possible during a battle. Also the cannons didn't shoot anymore. In short it was like no enemy was around although I still was near 2 enemy ships. They also didn't shoot at me...it was like they didn't see me...

Its been a while since my last post here. I didn't encounter that last bug with the no-shooting-problem again but now I have another new problem. The game crashes when loading a savegame. When I load a game the loading screen appears and then the entire game shuts down at that moment where the loading is usually finished. No error or freeze, it just shuts down like when I click on "Quit" in the main menu. And its getting worse every day. When I first encountered this problem it just happened 1 time (when I started to play the very first time that day). So I started the game again and then everything worked fine. But now this happens kinda every second time I try to load a game (with quickloading this happens everytime) . Could it be that file I you linked me? Because it seems that problem started to appear after I started using the file from the thread you linked me.

I have been using those files for a while now with less ctd's than before. In fact I am using them in installs where I work on a ship, and then go into the game to look at the work, then bail out and work on the ship some more. That means I am using saves a dozen or more times a day without CTDs. So unless there is a conflict with your hardware I do not believe Amplificar's fixes are the problem.
Normally crashing save games are caused by modding POTC so that the mod is not compatible with old saves. Do you get an error message?

No, no error message. It`s just shutting down with no comment. Not even the windows error sound.

And for the saves: I had no old saves. I started the game with the mod already installed, the only thing I changed was this 1 file you linked me (and it helped, I had no crashes when looting corpse during boarding).

One of my colleagues also said that this sounds like a broken bit on the RAM or something (especially because 1 save sometimes loads and sometimes crashes so this is not the saves causing it). He also is a programmer so I think he and you are right...damn.... -.-

Ouch. Well, ram is cheap and you can't have too much of it. In fact, it seems most laptops have just enough ram to run the OS and often have problems running games. You can try running Memtest. If you have bad ram it should find it.

Hey guys! Im having a issue while on boarding. At the begining of the boarding when my crew is fighting it slow down the game a little, but when the crew from the enemy ship gets close to my char the game completely crashes! What could be causing that?

:ahoy

The game slowing down means your computer is having trouble with all of the action. Try reading the thread in post #2.

Back