• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Solved] Freeze/Hard Lock When Dueling Enemy Captain

Mazioman

Landlubber
Hi all,

First let me say I did delete my options file, which didn't help...

I'm using what I think is the most recent version of the Build/NH mod (v14, 28th of Sept. 2021, I'll attach their Build Info.txt) available for the Maelstrom Engine (props to the crew that finally put that together, I hope that means the beef was squashed/semi-squashed/some degree of détente happened). My problem is that I started a new character using an unnamed model in 1769 and 9/10 times when I board a surrendered vessel and have to duel the captain, the game freezes up and goes perpetually nonresponsive. Sound continues to play in the seconds before the game crashes. My first thought was to check the logs and I fixed every problem that I knew how to--which involved sound aliases as I've added in a lot of new music and sound effects in hopes of releasing a little submod in the near future. Even fixing the offending files and changing the aliases around didn't fix the issue, and now I don't actually see any errors aside from one that repeats saying noRap data in CCCDirectSail.c in lines 425 and 428 respectively (I don't recall ever editing this file). The only thing that could cause a crash relating to Direct Sail that I'm sure of would be that I did add a slight percentage chance for an extra fleet to spawn in DS encounters, but I don't think the crashes that causes would relate to this particular issue. I'll upload the requisite files and hope that there's an easy fix for this, it isn't super high priority and I know the Maelstrom version isn't necessarily 'supported' due to the nature of the thing, but if there's any help anyone could provide, I'd be grateful. I'll also note that this doesn't happen in EVERY duel, and it doesn't happen at all with my other character. Lastly, I apologize if my save file is unusable, I did change several things in internalsettings.h.

(P.s., is there an easy way to disable this system completely? Like to make the chance of an enemy captain dueling you effectively 0%? It's a personal thing, but I feel like if an entire crew is striking the colors, they'd probably restrain/knock out the captain at that point, consequences be damned, because they wouldn't want any retribution for anyone putting up a fight. Sorry for the digression, but I've been meaning to ask about that since I tried NH on the Storm Engine for the first time several months ago.)

Thank you!

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 71
  • error.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 75
  • system.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 63
  • start.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Build Info.txt
    202.7 KB · Views: 78
  • FreePlaySave.7z
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • InternalSettings.h
    70.1 KB · Views: 72
  • CCCdirectsail.c
    45.9 KB · Views: 74
Also sorry if I spammed the uploads, my job taught me that it's better to be way too thorough than not thorough enough from the start.

UPDATE: Was 100% caused by me enabling Enhanced AI Combat and the FCoHS features from the globals.c file. As a PSA, I'm not sure if those work in the non-Maelstrom version or not, but they definitely cause issues in the current version of New Horizons for Maelstrom. Also I apologize but I can't change the tag on this to be solved in the proper way.

Back