• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling Time difference between Dialog & Questbook

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Beta 4- 2nd April _ Public release.

Just started playing Free Play as a smuggler.

In tavern talked to smuggler Agent - sent officer to scout beaches - then went to room in tavern to await officer's return ( Save attached is here ).

Officer returns - without info - if no soldiers in tavern I exit and return to tavern and talk to the soldiers if they are there.

The safe time the soldier tells me in the dialog is different from the safe time that is recorded in the the quest book entry. (see images ). :shock

I think the soldiers suspect me and are trying to trap me. :yes - which is really sneaky. :rofl

:read

Attachments

• POTC Beta4_Smug1.jpg
    POTC Beta4_Smug1.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 121
  • POTC Beta4_Smug2.jpg
    POTC Beta4_Smug2.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 129
  • -=Player=- Bonaire. Room in Kralendijk tavern.7z
    397.9 KB · Views: 91
  • system.log
    23.7 KB · Views: 125
  • compile.log
    26.2 KB · Views: 107
  • error.log
    334 bytes · Views: 129
Wow. I fixed a bug caused by Levis' work a few minutes ago and the next one is already here! :shock

How can this even be possible? Both lines are generated at the same time by identical sections of code!

Extract attached file to PROGRAM\DIALOGS and see if that is any better.
In this version, not only are they identical sections of code, they are using the exact same variable that is defined only once per dialog!
That should hopefully reduce the chance for craziness happening here.

If it STILL happens, then I fear the problem is in the "preprocessor" system.
Maybe "time" being reused several times is throwing things out of whack?

In that case, it might be the same or a very similar issue to this one:
Confirmed Bug - Fetch Quests: Time Travel + Goods Available AT Town Giving the Quest | PiratesAhoy!
Which I also did not even begin to look into.

Attachments

• SmugglingDialogAttemptedFix.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 105
:ahoy

Yes - that fixed it - both times are now the same - dialog now uses the same time as the Quest book. :onya

:bow:bow

:drunk

Yes - that fixed it - both times are now the same - dialog now uses the same time as the Quest book. :onya
Really? I hadn't expected it to be quite that easy, because this should technically make no difference!

Well, you won't hear me complain if this quick fix actually works.
But please do keep an eye out for this one.... I'm not 100% on it. :ninja

Back