• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Smugglers Guild

kisuke47

Landlubber
I have to do a mission for the Spanish governor to find out about smuggling but I have bad relations with them a smuggler says I can pay them some gold to fix it but it does not give me that option do I have to go pay the pirate governor to fix this?.

It's supposed to work by talking to a smuggler agent in a Tavern.
But I never played that bit, so I'm not sure.

Maybe @Talisman or @ANSEL know this better?

Since @kisuke47 - has bad relations with the Smugglers then they must have done some ordinary smuggling already ( probably killed some of the smugglers on the beach )
I don't know if the paying gold to the smugglers works :modding - might be a bit that @Levis had not completely coded - perhaps @ANSEL knows. :shrug

The only thing I know about the smuggler relations is for the Smuggling for Thomas O'Reily | PiratesAhoy! side quest :read

From Beta 3-5 - you must have already done some Smuggling to get this Quest - you must be friendly with the Smugglers -- Your Score with the Smugglers must be more than 1500 ( to check your score with the smugglers put this code in the console :- LogIt("Amount = " + CheckSmugglingAmount(pchar) ); then excute it (press F12 ) in the game.

Perhaps this could help to put something in the console to improve @kisuke47 's relations with the smugglers :shrug

:drunk

Looking at "Smuggler Agent_dialog.c" and "Smuggler Agent_dialog.h", it seems that if the smugglers don't like you, the agent in the tavern should indeed allow you to pay him to make them like you - look at case "Offer Collector" and case "Meeting_3".

I don't know if the paying gold to the smugglers works :modding - might be a bit that @Levis had not completely coded - perhaps @ANSEL knows.
I thought that worked; I seem to remember making some sort of slight fix to that.

Looking at "Smuggler Agent_dialog.c" and "Smuggler Agent_dialog.h", it seems that if the smugglers don't like you, the agent in the tavern should indeed allow you to pay him to make them like you - look at case "Offer Collector" and case "Meeting_3".
Thanks for confirming! :cheers

Back