1. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  3. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

4. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

SkyKittens: The Kings of the Meowtains

Discussion in 'PiratesAhoy! News' started by Thagarr, Jun 23, 2014.

• by Thagarr, Jun 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM
  • Thagarr

Thagarr Pining for the Fjords! Staff Member Administrator Creative Support Storm Modder News Gatherer Hearts of Oak Donator

CNC Machine Operator
    There seems to be quite a few sky pirate games coming out lately, I'm not quite sure what to make of this one, so I will just throw it out there and let you all make up your own minds. A group of students at the University of Central Florida, Sean Pinnock, Marcelo Carbone, Bryon Adkins, Josh Lamb and Peter Napolitano, created a game for a college project. Tthe idea for the game got such a good reception from fellow students that they decided to create the game for real! The result is some interesting pre-alpha video of the game called SkyKittens: The Kings of the Meowtains.

I'm not really a cat person myself, and there is a lot of work to do, but this looks fairly decent for an Alpha. They will however be rebuilding everything from scratch and it will look much better in the final version. They have decide to go from blimps to actual pirate ships in the final version, so that will help the look and feel of the game quite a bit. They have a post up over on the Unity 3D forum announcing the game with a lot more information, here is a quote from that post :

You can read the full post and see some concept art in the full post HERE! You can read a great article about the development on the UCF online newspaper HERE! You can also follow their development on Facebook and Twitter!

I absolutely love the explosion of Indie developers the past few years, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all! PC Gaming is no where near dead, and the big game companies are going to have no choice but to admit that. I think some companies are really starting to notice too, even Ubisoft now says that DRM doesn't stop game piracy and only hurts the consumer. Unfortunately, their solution includes trying to force everyone to play online or have an online connection, but at least it is a start.

Atam likes this.
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'PiratesAhoy! News' started by Thagarr, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Hylie Pistof
    Hehe. That first one made me think of a game from 2000 or so called Giants. Still have it somewhere.

This looks like possibly a steampunk game.
  2. Thagarr
    Possibly, but I am not sure, going to have to see how it develops. They have a pic of a ship on their Twitter and Facebook pages, Xenforro doesn't like me pasting HTML links like that though, so you will have to go there to see it.