• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sinking the Vogelstruijs

The love story idea is great, aswell as the service for france against spain, yet it would be particulary nice if it included a some more drama: betrayal, murder, corruption etc. It would be nice if Jean de la Croix would have an arch enemy that gets killed in the end. A lot of personal circumstances with the spanish-french conflict in the background. And the priest from the begining should play a role later on...

BTW are any suggestions and ideas welcome? couse it got me exited! :will

Perhaps the Spanish Don you challenged to the duel in the begining of the game never really died? Or perhaps, instead of a love story with the barmaid, it can be with his sister whom is mentionedin the begining.

I agree that such personal drama could be really cool; might get more involvement from the player if the story is more interesting than just "go here, do that".

ok, so I am told to go to the Dutch pinnace (It does not look like a pinnace though, it is way to big to be one since pinnaces are like tartanes) and it is neutral, so I fire on it using first person sailing and then it starts to fight back, I board her, and then I kill the captain who comes on deck to fight me. I am then transported bellow decks where I must blow up the ship, I just move sideways and then it starts to explode. I go back to my ship where I see the ship sink, and then It says to return to the governor of Porto Prince. When I do quick-sail to port, It still thinks I am in battle and won't let me moor my ship, the only options are "quick-sail, ability, command, and hoist colors" which are the battle options.

Well then it probably is what I thought it was originally, I have work soon but will look at it after

If you look at the first page you can do it yourself :yes

Read what Talisman and I said about fixing it and he mentions the code line and all the code and I say where to put the line ;)

Like this, right?
Code:
		case "birdboarding":
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Crewmember_Havana"), "VogelStruijs", "rld", "aloc3");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Skipper"), "VogelStruijs", "rld", "loc1");
DoQuestReloadToLocation("VogelStruijs", "rld", "aloc2","birdboarding1-2");
bQuestDisableMapEnter = false; //CTM
break;
Do you have that line in your game version yet, Captain Maggee?
Because I didn't... :facepalm

I installed POTC with these wonderful mods :onya to my new laptop and it works great- really it feels odd that you can go to sea :keith engage enemy ships- win the battle, commandeer ships and return to port to sell the booty without ANY crashes :woot :doff

Yet it's not perfectly bugless still- with this game that would be unnatural really :328_skull:

playing this storyline now i'm not yet in this Vogelstruijs-part it was quite problematic last time.....

Oh and what comes to lovestory :wub: - it would be nice but my Frenchman already married his female crewmember- as captain of the ship he can in fact perform a marriage you know....... I just gave her a nice ring and changed her name :)) now i can buy her all kind of other stuff as well..... if only she would stop calling me "sir" xD:

:rofl

Good to hear that things are being at least playable for you! :woot
It may tell more about my PC than game itself though- with my old PC it crashed at least once when sailing from port A to port B but now it works- whatever reason crashes are quite rare now while modversion and patches are nearly same I think-

sometimes game is jammed though if i do too many things at same time- trying to save when it's raining and I'm using 3X speed at same time :D but I just need to avoid that- it's not odd that so many things happening at same time are too much .... for some reason quick save doesn't work though- it says "missing file"- should i create that file it says is missing "savegames-quicksave" or something?..... Anyway it's not necessarily required i can just save normally......

One bug sometimes causing distress still are mute captains :c - when ship surrenders and you board the vessel captains sometimes don't talk or respond in any way :blink:
usually reloading older save and trying again doesn't help either- sometimes it does....not a huge problem but irritating after a long battle you are stuck aboard your prize with a mute guy who is also immortal.... and you have to start it all over :modding ....

Sorry these are bit off-topic here i guess...... i try Vogelstruijs as soon as possible and see how it works now- i remember i managed to play it through without newest patches and with lot of patience...... so i guess it cannot be worse anyway :)) if i do things right and leave extra chests aboard Vogelstruijs alone (last time my game crashed if i opened them) i just may succeed.....

Oh and can i install newest patches without starting the storyline all over? I think I'm missing the newest patch 5 and possibly 4 ......i need to check that though - since I'm not using my own PC now....

I don't remember if you really need to start a new game with the latest patches; maybe not, but it's always recommended.
Since the Tales of a Chevalier storyline is a short and unfinished one anyway, I'd recommend you finish that one before installing the latest patch.
Patch 6 is coming soon anyway and that one'll definitely need a new game to be started anyway.

I don't remember if you really need to start a new game with the latest patches; maybe not, but it's always recommended.
Since the Tales of a Chevalier storyline is a short and unfinished one anyway, I'd recommend you finish that one before installing the latest patch.
Patch 6 is coming soon anyway and that one'll definitely need a new game to be started anyway.
Aye Aye Cap'n :p3

Back