• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships- lego built by members of classicpirates.com

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello all I was lookim' through youtube when I saw this video-
The Lego built ship the H.M.S Prince Of Wales - it is very impressive that it looks historically accurate with the right color and everything. You gotta give these guys credit their members try to make historically accurate lego built ships. I learned they like to call themselves AFOL or Adult fan Of Lego, their forums on classicpirates.com is similiar to ours on piratesahoy. These guys take lego seriously-going to museums and proudly displaying their masterpieces and going in groups to lego events. Though I'm not a particular fan of Lego, these guys turn mish mashes of bricks and pieces to these wonderful creations. Heres a pic of the lego built Flying Dutchman- its GREAT! This masterpiece was built by another member of classicpirates and is even trying to make it an actual Lego set.
dsc05945.jpg

Aya mate, they take their pirates rather seriously too, I have spent many an hour looking through their forums, there is some fine works of art to be found!

Aye, heres more pics of just how much they love to build
pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic27.jpg

pic29.jpg

Indeed these guys take their building seriuosly.

That is astounding! :shock
Why can't LEGO release sets like those? They'd be far better than the kiddie sets they make. xD

And why on Earth has this not caught Pieter's attention? He'd love this stuff!

1336236487m_DISPLAY.jpg
Too bad for LEGO fans these creators build small crappy sets then charge whole lotta money for their junk that they probally spent an hour building whatever popped into their head. :nogood Heres mor pics of lego creations built by none other than the members of classicpirates

dsc06694.jpg

dsc06698.jpg

4.jpg

1336238370m_DISPLAY.jpg

6834355959_bd5dacf2c6_z.jpg

sdc10693.jpg

Out Of them all the last one The Realistic Queen Anne's Revenge is my favorite.

That is astounding! :shock
Why can't LEGO release sets like those? They'd be far better than the kiddie sets they make. xD

I don't even want to contemplate what LEGO would charge for a complete set of one of those fantastic builds, it would probably go well into thousands of dollars retail. LEGO's are awesome, but they are also ridiculously expensive!

Aye, there's always a downside. :facepalm
It would be especially nasty if they were to choose to sell that amazing Dutchman; with the POTC name attached to it, they could charge a bloody fortune.

I believe two of the members have already gotten enough supporters to make their creations a actual lego Brand set- I beilieve its for Portal 2, or was it just called Portal? I dont remember I guess its a sort of Sci-Fi Pc game that is pretty popular amongst gamers. The prices LEGO charges now, and I agree I hate to imagine what they would chrage for That Flying Dutchman, they master swindlers :pirates. They like spending a little bit of money on some bricks and figures and charge huge amounts of money for their sets. I've seen their Ships LEGO has come up with- not impressive, In my opinion LEGO sold better Pirate ships in the 80s and 90s than they do today, of course that is my opinion-
images

The 2007 LEGO pirate ship

images

The Black Seas Barracuda- From the 80s or 90s

Of course its my opinion some may like the more newer LEGO pirate ships than me, I personally like the older ones but again i'm not a very big fan of lego.

The Navy Flagship LEGO released now... two years ago(?)... is pretty good. Not quite up to that standard, but I've had it on my window sill for a long time to quite stunning effect. :cheeky

If only the Impreial Flagship was more realistic- like more cannon I mean four guns thats not even fit to be called a imperial Flagship. I might as well take a 10 gun sloop and blow the living crap out of that vessel. Its a pretty good looking ship but to me its not worth the money LEGO charges for these Pirate Brand Sets. Once again I am not a big fan of lego.
More pics from Classicpirates:
7516983238_ee6bc56636_c.jpg

ussp221.jpg

More pics-
dsc07278.jpg

dsc07290.jpg

Hehh.. This last pic is a pic of a lego ship built by a member in classicpirates named Sebeus I- its based on the Lady Whashington aka the H.M.S Interceptor in POTC. Its a good ship too bad it doesnt have the same naval hull colors though.

dsc07933.jpg

dsc07894.jpg

Back