• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships for sale at Shipyard

Glovefry

Landlubber
Hello,

Wonderful mod. Currently playing Beyond New Horizons.

I was wondering if it was possible to make certain ships available at the ship yard and guarantee their availability.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Wonderful mod. Currently playing Beyond New Horizons.

I was wondering if it was possible to make certain ships available at the ship yard and guarantee their availability.

Thanks in advance.
There is currently no way to guarantee the availability of a ship in the shipyard.

You can take a look at the `FillShipsList` function in `PROGRAM\Ships\Ships.c` where the shipyard inventory is generated.

Also look at the "Shipyard Ship Availability" and "Realistic Ship Purchase" settings in the "Options" menu. Those control what types of ships may be sold at shipyards, by player level and by ship size.

In "PROGRAM\Ships\Ships_init.c", check the ship's entry. If "refShip.CanBuy" is false then you won't be able to buy it at any normal shipyard; if "refShip.CanEncounter" is false then you will never see it in random sea encounters; and if both are false then you can buy it at Vanderdecken's shipyard on Isla de Muerte. The "refShip.period" lines control when the ship can appear; if "refShip.period.2" is 0, for example, then you'll never see it in "Golden Age of Piracy" period.

There is currently no way to guarantee the availability of a ship in the shipyard.

You can take a look at the `FillShipsList` function in `PROGRAM\Ships\Ships.c` where the shipyard inventory is generated.
Ah thank you so very much. Yes, I have also noticed certain settings in Internal Settings can at least open up the amount of ships that are available. Also STORE MINSIZE helped with that.

Also look at the "Shipyard Ship Availability" and "Realistic Ship Purchase" settings in the "Options" menu. Those control what types of ships may be sold at shipyards, by player level and by ship size.

In "PROGRAM\Ships\Ships_init.c", check the ship's entry. If "refShip.CanBuy" is false then you won't be able to buy it at any normal shipyard; if "refShip.CanEncounter" is false then you will never see it in random sea encounters; and if both are false then you can buy it at Vanderdecken's shipyard on Isla de Muerte. The "refShip.period" lines control when the ship can appear; if "refShip.period.2" is 0, for example, then you'll never see it in "Golden Age of Piracy" period.
Thank you so very much. Yes, I am aware of the Ships_init.c. I really like to see certain ships appear (irregardless of accuracy).

At the top of "Ships_init.c":
Code:
#define PERIOD_ACCURACY_LEVEL        2    // PB: 1 = Simplified 0% or 100% Period+Nation chance, 0 = Period chance ignored
Change the 2 to 0, then any ship can appear in any period.

Or, if you only want a particular ship to appear in all periods, leave that line at 2 but change all the ship's 'refShip.period' lines to 1:
Code:
    refShip.period.0 = 1.0; //
    refShip.period.1 = 1.0; //
    refShip.period.2 = 1.0; //
    refShip.period.3 = 1.0; //
    refShip.period.4 = 1.0; //
    refShip.period.5 = 1.0; //

Back