• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Shanties while sailing

Ahoy, maties! So i heard that you can easily add custom music for the game. I felt like the "day sailing" soundtrack was too empty, but the "night sailing" soundtrack was way better imo because it sounds much more historical.

So my question is, how can i add Assassin's Creed 4 shanties into the game? They actually seem to perfectly fit the game's atmosphere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Look for the music_alias file.
That is where you tell the game new files exist.

The format is OGG.
There are plenty of free converters available for that.

Hope that works for you. :doff

Ahoy, maties! So i heard that you can easily add custom music for the game. I felt like the "day sailing" soundtrack was too empty, but the "night sailing" soundtrack was way better imo because it sounds much more historical.

So my question is, how can i add Assassin's Creed 4 shanties into the game? They actually seem to perfectly fit the game's atmosphere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, mate.

Waiting for the partner @Bucanero Furtivo to release a new mod with ambient music based on that video game and much more. :popcorn:

I've created a little mod that introduces the Assassin's Creed 4 shanties during the navigation of day, night and on the world map.:type1

9.54 MB file on MEGA

I've created a little mod that introduces the Assassin's Creed 4 shanties during the navigation of day, night and on the world map.:type1
If you can, see if you can find some other shanties too.
I like AC4 well enough, but some of those shanties get a bit monotonous.
There are better ones out there. ;)

If you can, see if you can find some other shanties too.
I like AC4 well enough, but some of those shanties get a bit monotonous.
There are better ones out there. ;)

Thanks a lot, Pieter.

It's the first mod I've done editing the audio and I've been impressed with the result achieved with so little work.

Of course you can add a lot of songs, let's say it's a temporary solution that gives an answer to the post, while waiting for the mod that my partner @Bucanero Furtivo is preparing.

Back