• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Selling Goods Increases Price, Buying Goods Has No Effect

It is the ability to hold the shift key whilst scrolling a trade amount increase or decrease so that the trade change goes in units of 10 rather than individual steps. It had been disabled because with dynamic price changing an exploit was to use a multiplier in one direction but single steps in the other gaining a price advantage due to the difference in price dynamics. :sick I altered the selling price to be the average of the start price and that you got for the last unit so the amount you got for the whole cargo was much the same but you couldn't price manipulate. Problem is that is not clear to a player why your selling price drops to that average, that it is actually a median price (not the lowest) and if you only want to sell a few you can't get at those initial good prices - (only really matters if you sail somewhere else to sell the rest).

:ahoy Here (at last) a revised store interface with

a) non linear sales with consistent prices on quantity manipulation
b) multipliers alt *100 shift*10
c)sell all or Auto Trade giving the same results as straight sales/purchases - however they run through the requisite loop for each installed commodity so there is a delay before the interface responds - seemed acceptable to me compared to dealing manually but I await comments! :popcorn: :xmas

I checked the values are much as the existing interface so there should be no impact on the balance of the economy.

I have also included a shipyard interface where now if you sell a ship with cargo you get the same values as in the shop (including if tradeLow) and also if you downsize and thus auto sell off some cargo the prices match. I also fixed the fact that in this last scenario the shop monies were not being reduced at all in line with the money you gained. :wp

There remains a slight (longstanding) glitch in that if you go to the store with no ship but still auto trade (you fool) the canny shopkeeper does sell you minimum goods even though you can't take them anywhere so you lose some money he gains and keeps the goods - but surely you wouldn't be that much of a mug? would you? :sick

Attachments

• INTERFACE.7z
    34.3 KB · Views: 144
Back