• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Second Life

Captain Rick

Sailor Apprentice
I'm trying to make realistic pirate ships for second life, I'm looking for a formula that can handle mixed rigging or to be more accurate set best point of sail to simulate mixed rigging. All I can find is formula online for triangle sails alone.

Input would be wind speed output ship speed based on rigging type and best point of sail. Also acceleration based on ship mass. I have a script I'm using but it's only for triangle sails and more modern ships

Input would be wind speed output ship speed based on rigging type and best point of sail. Also acceleration based on ship mass. I have a script I'm using but it's only for triangle sails and more modern ships
We have a whole bunch of different ships with mostly reasonable values in PotC.
No formula for it, but you do get different speed rates and points of sail and such.

This very new page might be interesting: http://www.stumpfl.at.tf/PotC-Ships
If you find that useful, but need some other numbers, you could ask here:
Tutorial - Tool to Create Ships Init Overview | PiratesAhoy!

I can't get that first link to work says page can't be reached. I'm looking for the type of formulas POTC uses to convert those stats into movement, unless that's separate from original game and in mod files somewhere?

That is in the PROGRAM\SEA_AI folder somewhere.
Probably AIShip.c .

Back