• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Search for Peter Blood's ship

erissimaco

Powder Monkey
Hello everybody,
game in the period of the first explorations. In this period there is no city of Pointe a Pitre in Guadeloupe, where the mission "Search for Peter Bloods Ship" should start, as suggested in "Quest Walkthroughs" "Perhaps this mission is planned to start in another city in this period of play?
Thanks for any clarification:onya

That is correct. You can not play "Search for Peter Blood's Ship" in "Early Explorers". Several other sidequests can also not be played in this period:
"Elizabeth Shaw's Disappearance": not allowed because you need to go to Saint Martin, which you can not do;
"Kapitein of Kralendijk": starts on Saint Martin which you can not visit;
"Find Angelique Moulin's Father": does work but you go to Santa Maria del Puerto ("Early Explorers" name for Port au Prince), and you go to Cuba instead of Antigua for the final reward.

In reality, Martinique was not colonised until the 17th century, so it should be blocked like Saint Martin and Antigua. But that would stop a lot of sidequests! So in "Early Explorers", it becomes Spanish. The island is Martinica and the town is San Pedro. Sidequests such as "Saga of the Blacque Family"can be played but the characters have new, random Spanish names. You will not find Milon Blacque standing in the port, nor Rachel Blacque near the store; you will find someone with a Spanish name in port and a woman with the same family name near the store.

That is correct. You can not play "Search for Peter Blood's Ship" in "Early Explorers".
I never thought about that. As far as the wiki and the sidequest PDF in the Documentation folder go, for the longest time only "Vogelstrujs" and "Elizabeth Shaw" were marked as unplayable in Early Explorers, no "Kapitein" and "Peter Blood's Ship" have joined the club. For Peter Blood's ship, maybe the question is how much the first Peter Blood sidequest, which should be playable in EE, hints at its sequel.

I gave up on my last playthrough of Peter Bloods ship when I couldn't find the man in the brothel or enter the brothel at all, despite brothels enabled...

I never thought about that. As far as the wiki and the sidequest PDF in the Documentation folder go, for the longest time only "Vogelstrujs" and "Elizabeth Shaw" were marked as unplayable in Early Explorers, no "Kapitein" and "Peter Blood's Ship" have joined the club. For Peter Blood's ship, maybe the question is how much the first Peter Blood sidequest, which should be playable in EE, hints at its sequel.
"Kapitein of Kralendijk" is shown to be unplayable in "Early Explorers" in its Wiki entry:
It is also not available at all in "Early Explorers" period because you can't visit Saint Martin to begin the quest. (Besides, in "Early Explorers", Kralendijk has a different name and is Spanish, so the quest makes no sense.)
I've just edited the entry for "Peter Blood's Ship" and added a note that it's not available in "Early Explorers".

I gave up on my last playthrough of Peter Bloods ship when I couldn't find the man in the brothel or enter the brothel at all, despite brothels enabled...
The man isn't in the brothel, he's standing outside. You can't go in because at that point in the quest, the brothel is closed.

Gray Roger: Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a change in the location of the start of the mission as for "Find Angelique Moulin's Father", the mission that I have finished. No problem, I think I have done enough missions to become familiar with the mechanics of the game and the many innovations introduced by the mod. It is time to start a new game in a period in which it is possible to carry out all the missions at a higher difficulty level. Can I ask you for advice? What is the most complete and therefore the most beautiful period among those available, for a pirate?
Thanks again for the, always, kind availability.:cheers

"Early Explorers" is the only period in which some islands are blocked because they had not been colonised in the 16th century. For sidequests, there should not be much difference between the other periods.

As to which is the most beautiful, that is personal opinion. My own favourites are "Spanish Main" and "Golden Age of Piracy" because of the types of ships which exist. Some people prefer "Napoleonic" for exactly the same reason. I like galleons, they like frigates. You can make your own choice!

Gray Roger, BathtubPirate: Thanks to both of you for the replies. Uhmm, I'll try "Golden Age of Piracy". The name seems to indicate the period most pertinent to the pirate epic and I believe I will find ship models historically appropriate to the period. Napoleonic, I think it is a little beyond the centrality of the period of piracy. A bit like "Early Explorers" was in the opposite sense. However I think that eventually, sooner or later I will play them all:rofl. Even if it were just to admire the different ship models.
Thanks and good wind to you:ship

Back