• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Sea Dogs: To Each His Own - Worldmap Improvisation

Black Sam Bellamy

Sailor Apprentice
This Worldmap shall not be a Masterpiece or something special at all!

It is just an Improvisation of the most important changes till there is a real good english version of the russian map available.

It is simply made by myself and only ment as an orientation help to look at and download for printing if you want.

Worldmap.jpg

Attachments

• Worldmap.jpg
    Worldmap.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 6,437
Last edited:
Here is one I got off the world wide web
1 was also looking for a map to play along with this game when doing quests..

This one has some more locations..

Age-o-Pirates.jpg

found this in english on steam not long ago. showing the world map for sea dogs to each his own.

Attachments

• 646087242_preview_Sea Dogs - Full Map.jpg
    646087242_preview_Sea Dogs - Full Map.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 12,952
Last edited:
Ahoy,
I discovered SD-TEHO few months ago with steam and ... guess what ? I loved it !
Then I found Pirates Ahoy ! 2 good news in a raw ( This should be the amulets' effects)
I'm the cartographer on Steam so, here is the updated version of SD-TEHO's map.
And others for fun. Help yourself captain.
Map - Charles Version Sgn.jpg
Map - Girls Version.jpg
Full Map - Weapons sgn.jpg

I really like the much better readable names from everything. Could you please make one for widescreeners?

That IS for wide screen. If you stretch it, it distorts it and you can't measure directions.

But yeah, the text is much better on that map.

Hook

Thank you both.
I forgot the name of Cayman Island, here is V4:
1980 x 1920px
and
2560 x 1440px - for widescreeners - Hope it's ok but let me know -
"Godspeed in the sea"

Attachments

• Sea Dogs NV4.jpg
    Sea Dogs NV4.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 2,919
  • WS - SD - NV4.jpg
    WS - SD - NV4.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 2,817
I wonder when this thing with Santo-Domingo lighthouse being to the east of the city will cease to be blindly copied from map to map, on and on it goes...
Its actually to the west. Map of Hispaniola itself shows it correctly.

Easy !
Maybe I was too drunk or too well accompanied last time I left Santo Domingo to notice the lighthouse teh_beard.
And the original TEHO Russian map didn't help (East side)
But, and for the first time in Sea Dogs' history, Santo Domingo's lighthouse is to the ..... West :) (A "cartographer" needs to be accurate ... :)

Attachments

• Sea Dogs NV5.jpg
    Sea Dogs NV5.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 2,490
  • WS - SD - NV5.jpg
    WS - SD - NV5.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 2,835
Because I find the previous maps a kind of dark, here is Cpt Fracasse last participation and final maps; the ones I'm playing with (second screen)
A sea view and a beach with rocs similar to the game ... Have fun !

Attachments

• SD - Map Wall.jpg
    SD - Map Wall.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 8,339
  • beach-wallpap1.jpg
    beach-wallpap1.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 2,151
Thank you, @Cpt Fracasse. That's probably the best map I've seen so far.

Here's a copy of your map with the region boundaries marked.

The map is sized so that if you can measure distances, 10 pixels is 1 nautical mile, at least in dynamic sailing mode. The grids are 13.5 nautical miles on a side. There's a border on the top and left so that if you want to edit the map, you can set a grid of 135 pixels and it will fit the grid on the map. The grid isn't perfect, but is reasonably accurate.

I finally figured out what's wrong with Hispaniola. It needs to be moved to the right a bit, so that the grid line coming up from the bottom is at the center of the land that sticks out to the south. That will move the right side closer to the grid, and give some space between the grid and the left side. I'd been wondering why navigation was odd in that area.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Cuba and all the regions that include the mainland are scaled differently. If you measure distances in one of these regions, cut the distance in half. This is why sailing near the mainland on the world map sometimes puts you in odd locations.

Hook

Attachments

• SD - MapBorders.jpg
    SD - MapBorders.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11,001
I can't guarantee Hispaniola is off... but it might make more sense if it was moved a bit. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd be interested to know where you got the blank map that you've been working on, putting names on and such. I've got the best one from the game files, but it has too much extra text on it.

I did forget one border, east of Cape Aruba, going from the land to the border just above it.

Hook

One blank map for Hook, one ! (I used the Russian one to get it)
And our common homework : Wallpapers x2 (Mooring points, nations, lighthouses and boundaries...)

Attachments

• SDMapBeach - Hook & Fracasse.jpg
    SDMapBeach - Hook & Fracasse.jpg
    952.5 KB · Views: 2,236
  • SDMapSea - Hook & Fracasse.jpg
    SDMapSea - Hook & Fracasse.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 2,373
  • SD Blank Map.jpg
    SD Blank Map.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 2,380
  • SDMapBeach - Hook & Fracasse.jpg
    SDMapBeach - Hook & Fracasse.jpg