• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sea Dogs - Sails "stretch" Problem

Treno00

Landlubber
Hi,
I am "in love" with Sea Dogs, and also a bit programmer. I have searched google and do tests for couple weeks now, and I did find nothing about my problem, that is why I am writing this. So, I'll explain everything what I already know.

Sea Dogs, no mods, version 1.06
My problem is in screenshot attached.
Problem shows on my Laptop. (integrated GPU [Intel HD 4000] on Intel N2840)
DirectX updated.
Graphics drivers are updated. (also checked older drivers version)
System is Windows 10 - x64 (Also tested on Windows 8.1 x64)
I tried to use SwiftShader, but game does not want to read it (or probably I doing something wrong)
SwiftShader was placed in main folder, Modules and Resources folders (not in same time :p) nothing happens (when on Call Of Duty 4 is working straight away)
I tried to edit GPU drivers settings (in Intel Control Panel with different driivers versions)
And the last thing is: Other games work normally. Only problem with Sea Dogs :(

BUT, that's what I found about several different games on different forums:
People have also problem like I do, one game do a strange texture "stretch" but others don't. The only one thing that's makes me really think about it, is the everyone having such a problem are using x64 Windows version (PC's and Laptops). And there is my question, is there someone with Windows x64, who runs Sea Dogs without any problem ?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 725
We had a similar problem in POTC years ago, but I do not remember the fix. All I remember is that it was related to specific ships.

OK, so that what I've done:
1. Search the forum again as you said
2. Read probably everything about "graphics problem" etc.
3. Just for test i download from web Pirates of the Caribbean and Age of Pirates 2... both working without any issue {PotC - sea.dll downloaded from here (because of engine.exe crash)}
a. so i figured to uninstall my version of SeaDogs
b. and I download it from web and installed, but sam issue
4. Then I realize maybe edit ships textures or models will solve it, because what I found out: This bug is not from sails but from mast
* unfortunately, I don't really know what software I have to use for textures and models
5. I will try to get some mods (maybe that can fix the problem)

Hi,
I replace models, textures, but does not work:
At nights, this stretched textures appears in hull textures
At day time, masts is stretched
When is raining i did not find any issue but when storm appears for few seconds mast is stretched and game crash.
I am totaly don't know what to do with it. For now I gave up, I download the new horizon for now :p
I try to fix it later, or I ask my friend to edit some models.

OH, by the way, I am working on sandbox game about XVI-XVII "life sim", I want to share some informations, and also I want ask for specific people that can help us, "sounds, music, dialogs etc." . In witch section of forum I can post it? (Also we don't have a title yet :p )

Last edited:
Treno00, I really have no idea what is up with your sails, very strange indeed. You might try asking around over at Ellaybe Island. The LIB are the authority on all things Sea Dogs. I am not sure how active they currently are though.

As for your post looking for help with your game, The Burning Brig would be an appropriate forum to post that thread in.

Hello once again :), thanks to this forum, I found out that Sea Dogs can be bought on GOG :)
So Just before I bought it, I did download it .... somewhere from the internet - just for test the textures, are they fine or not. Everything was perfectly fine. So, I decided to buy it... but after install the legal copy... textures start stretching again... I did check the version (both are the same), also tried to replace files... but no luck... (This is the same laptop as I said previously) can someone help me with it, please.

Back