• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea Battle Music Bug?

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that has changed recently, but the music for a sea battle won't engage until I'm right on top of the enemy ship and practically right next to them. And then if I get any further away than a hundred feet or so, the battle music disengages and victory music plays. How can I change this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that has changed recently, but the music for a sea battle won't engage until I'm right on top of the enemy ship and practically right next to them. And then if I get any further away than a hundred feet or so, the battle music disengages and victory music plays. How can I change this? Is anyone else experiencing this?
What Realism Mode are you playing on?

Is there any way to extend the range of when the music switches? It's pretty annoying and immersion breaking when the battle and victory music constantly switch on and off at the slightest maneuver around the enemy.

Is there any way to extend the range of when the music switches? It's pretty annoying and immersion breaking when the battle and victory music constantly switch on and off at the slightest maneuver around the enemy.
Probably a way can be found, now that we know why it happens.
Can you upload your PROGRAM\NK.c and PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h files?
Those are probably where the change should be made, but I can't remember what is in there...

Do you like not having the WorldMap available and being forced to sail everywhere in DirectSail? And do you like this to take quite a long time?
If not, perhaps the easiest would be to revert to Realistic Game Mode and enable various separate elements from Iron Man Mode to create a "hybrid".
That can be done with some simple toggles.

Here you go.

Attachments

• NK.c
    197.7 KB · Views: 192
  • InternalSettings.h
    69.2 KB · Views: 143
Here you go.
Thanks!

The simplest solution would be to change these lines in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES 1 // INT - 1=DEFAULT: Controlled by Realism Mode - 0 or 2 override the Realism Mode setting
#define ITEM_REALISM 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)
To this:
Code:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD 0 // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED    1  // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED 1  // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED 1  // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES 2  // INT - 1=DEFAULT: Controlled by Realism Mode - 0 or 2 override the Realism Mode setting
#define ITEM_REALISM 1  // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)
Then switch your game to Realistic Game Mode and you should pretty much keep the same as on Iron Man Mode, but with the Open Sea Mod disabled.
This means that sailing between islands will take less real time and also reverts the "battle music distance" to default.

Alternatively, you can remain on Iron Man Game Mode and tweak these lines in PROGRAM\NK.c:
Code:
  MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER =   100.0; // FLOAT - original value is 500 - Petros: reset to 500.0 to prevent trouble
  MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION = 100.0; // FLOAT - original value is 500
  RANGE_TO_ENEMY =         3500; // INT - in feet/yards/whatever unit the game uses.
I'm not entirely sure which of these affects the music, but it is probably one of those three.
Try increasing all three with a factor 2 or 3 and see what happens.

Back