• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

screenshots thread

Ok on topic, my 2 frigates got chased into Tortuga by a 4 ship pirate fleet. As it turned out Tortuga had been captured not too long ago and the fort was still pretty beat up. So a battle ensued! :pirate41:

Long story short I captured two larger ships that had larger crews than I had and I ended up with five ships at the end. One got away.

start 2015-07-07 16-44-34-72.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-47-30-52.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-50-12-75.jpg start 2015-07-07 16-50-25-64.jpg

LOL looks like a counselling session for pregnant women putting the bag on and viewing themselves on how they'd look like 9 months later :rofl

Moreorless it's nice that armor shows.. when I played GOF, the armor never appeared on me nor my officers

This is the only character that I have tried that does show the armor. I'm only wearing it for the Tenochitlan quest.

The Castel F1 is my favorite ship right now as she handles these weird waves better than just about any other ship, but 16 cannons just isn't enough. I hit level 40 and the game kicked it up a notch and now if there isn't a friendly fort close by I'm shark bait. I'm getting out gunned and out manned 3-4 to 1 now.

The La Licorne is probably the best all around ship I have seen in this game so far, although some of the frigates are pretty good in these waves too.

start 2015-06-17 20-59-07-97.jpg start 2015-07-16 09-09-11-79.jpg

No screenshots but I had a memorable time yesterday fraught with danger and gold.

I got a quest from one of the pirate captains to kill a bunch of Dutch soldiers and steal their gold. The first time I did it, I only had enough cargo space for 100 of the 430 units of gold I netted, so I reloaded an older save and spent some time gathering more ships, which I had to accomplish within the 17-day time window. After a whole lot of trial and error I finally had a small fleet, finally survived the battle, but there was still the getaway, which was a tense chase with some Spanish ships on my heels.

I was well ahead but I needed all three of my ships to reach a safe distance, and wasn't sure if the Spanish would be able catch me in time. I also didn't have enough firepower to fight back because I lost most of my crew in the last boarding action and dumped all my cannonballs to make more room for gold. Plus it was hardcore mode so I wasn't fully in the clear till I reached a friendly port.

In the end I made off with all but about 50 units of the gold, and earned over $100,000.

On the sails AND the hull?
If that isn't Spanish Style, I don't know what is! :rofl

Sorry, but ERAS is a different mod produced by a different team, and is not supported here.

Thank You for the answer. But isn't ModernKnight part of this community? and isn't he part of the team who made ERA? I haven't been here in years so I'm not up to date...

Whoah! I never knew COAS has some really nice graphics especially the weather and the water. :love

If you are referring to this post, I think that the game is modded.
Hi,Just wanted to get my first screenshots up before 2019. Happy New Year!

Shots like these are what keep me coming back to it:

View attachment 33548
View attachment 33561
View attachment 33562
View attachment 33543
View attachment 33544
View attachment 33545
View attachment 33549
View attachment 33547

The skybox at least looks like it's a mod.
In fact I had seen something similar for TEHO, if I run into it again I will let you know.

Edit: I think that this steam guide covers it: Steam Community :: Guide :: [ENG] INTRODUCING: MODS! 9 MODS TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME
More specifically it's the second mod, or something similar to it.

The link is on the Wayback Machine because it's no longer on Steam it seems.

Last edited:
Back