• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

@Hylie Pistof's new Portugueuse Neptunus is now operational:
PO_Neptunus.jpg PO_Neptunus_shipyard.jpg

The original "PO_Neptunus" with the yellow and blue hull is not lost; it now becomes "RN_Neptunus", as Britain gets its own version of the sloop of war.

So do Pirates:
PiratNeptunus1.jpg PiratNeptunus2.jpg
Notice anything different about the stern? Look closely at the emblem. Every "Neptunus" in the game has the same rampant lion emblem there - except this one. The emblem is in "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Neptunus Custom Texture.tga.tx", so I made a modified version with a crossed sword emblem instead.

Hmm. One of the Fastmerchant ships has a daisy on the stern.
No, "FastMerchant2" has a flower but it looks more like a snowdrop. It could easily be changed, though - the file is "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\bortoutcorvett45.tga.tx".

Felt like doing a higher res texture for the ladies, so here's a piratess captain with a stylish but dirty purple coat! Didn't really have a plan with it, and turns out the model kinda breaks it's hip during some animations. Not the end of the world for an NPC but it gets kinda distracting for a player character. Maybe she's a future officer! Anyway, adding the texture and gm file if anyone wanna to give her a purpose.
Hilda.jpg

Attachments

• HildaPiratess.rar
    527.3 KB · Views: 66
Good! I got tire of waiting for certain ships to show up and berthed one of my Postillionens and relaunched the tier 3 fluyt of war. I remember working on her years ago but something went wrong and I stopped and never touched her again. Well I'm touching her again.

Attachments

• POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_15_49_29_024.jpg
    POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_15_49_29_024.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
  • POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_16_16_40_944.jpg
    POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_16_16_40_944.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_16_16_51_891.jpg
    POTC 9-2-2017_2017_10_04_16_16_51_891.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
AARRGGHH!! Incompatible save................:rumgone

So here she is.
MEGA

It's a direct replacement for the existing version. 46-32 pounders in a small fast package with strong masts.

What is the difference between that and the existing version? Does anything need to be changed in "Ships_init.c"?

There's not a dedicated command. You'll have to use a third-party program or use the Print Screen key and paste each individual screenshot in PhotoShop or Paint.

I use a version of Paint Shop Pro 7 from 2000. It still works great up to 1080P resolutions.

I want make my screenshots. What's the in-game command to take, and where they end?
Either PrintScreen on your keyboard, then Paste in Paint and save as JPG/PNG.
OR
Use the F8 button (Is that the one? I always forget), which generates a TGA screenshots in your main game folder.
Then convert that file to JPG or PNG or so.

Back