• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

We'll probably need one or two screenshots illustrating the effects of the new Intel fix; I'll provide some to choose from, including the one above. :onya
Very much agreed! I had already saved the one you posted for just that purpose; wouldn't mind some more, of course! :cheeky

They're only small numbers, though. I see no harm in them being there. If anyone asks what they mean, we can just tell them.
Plus, in some ways, it's a good advertisement to show the game running at 60 FPS. People make such a fuss about framerates these days.
Alrightee... :doff

Very much agreed! I had already saved the one you posted for just that purpose; wouldn't mind some more, of course! :cheeky

Here's one showing the water during the day:
Intel_fix1.png

By the way, do we have good shots of all the new ships in this release?
I know we've got some for the Centurion and Aurora, but I haven't seen any for the Arcadia xebec and new steam frigates.

Here's some of the stuff I did.

Attachments

• CannonsInterface.jpg
    CannonsInterface.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Cartagena.jpg
    Cartagena.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 199
  • CenturionCannons.jpg
    CenturionCannons.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 223
  • ClintEastwood.jpg
    ClintEastwood.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Corvettes.jpg
    Corvettes.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 191
  • FrenchSquadron.jpg
    FrenchSquadron.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 195
  • FrenchSquadronCenturion.jpg
    FrenchSquadronCenturion.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 229
  • FrenchSquadronCorvette.jpg
    FrenchSquadronCorvette.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 239
And some more.

Attachments

• JeanLafitte.jpg
    JeanLafitte.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 188
  • MapInterface.jpg
    MapInterface.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 225
  • RealismSettings.jpg
    RealismSettings.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 245
  • RN_Corvette.jpg
    RN_Corvette.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 186
  • SecretHideout.jpg
    SecretHideout.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 192
  • SelectStorylineEnforced.jpg
    SelectStorylineEnforced.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 215
  • SteamFleet.jpg
    SteamFleet.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Swamp.jpg
    Swamp.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 202
  • TreasureCave.jpg
    TreasureCave.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 215
  • TreasureDigging.jpg
    TreasureDigging.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 246
And some Vanderdecken fun! :cheeky

Attachments

• Vanderdecken.jpg
    Vanderdecken.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 215
  • VanderdeckenShipyard.jpg
    VanderdeckenShipyard.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 211
Cool shots! It still looks as though we need some nice shots for the Arcadia and new SteamFrigates, though. Could you or Hylie do those, without the Intel water?

Cool shots! It still looks as though we need some nice shots for the Arcadia and new SteamFrigates, though. Could you or Hylie do those, without the Intel water?
How is this one?
Not sure anymore if the one above with the SteamFrigates is of the new or the old version; can you tell the difference?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to shoot? Or if there are any of the above that need improving?
Which ones do you like and which ones not so much?

Attachments

• ArcadiaXebec.jpg
    ArcadiaXebec.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 186
It still looks as though we need some nice shots for the [...] new SteamFrigates, though.
'Ere ees anuzzer vérsione.
(Yeah, my written French accent sucks! :bonaparte )

Attachments

• SteamFrigates.jpg
    SteamFrigates.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 192
I'm liking that Arcadia shot! :onya

Not sure anymore if the one above with the SteamFrigates is of the new or the old version; can you tell the difference?
Those are the old ones; the new ones have a lot more detail in the rigging and a slightly different hull shape, so I really do think we need an updated shot.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to shoot? Or if there are any of the above that need improving?
Which ones do you like and which ones not so much?

I quite like most of the ones above, especially those showing the French blockade, improved interfaces and Vanderdecken.
Can't think of any more we need besides the ones I've already suggested. And at this rate we'll have plenty to choose from, anyway.

EDIT: I sink ze steam frégates look magnifique in zat shot...
Remind me not to "sink" too much in French. :cheeky

That Jean Lafitte storyline and treasure searching and map marks with legend. They're awesome! Where can i download that stuff?!

That's more or less what I was thinking. These are all little things so far that don't affect gameplay, so I'm not expecting fixes as a priority.
Very much looking forward to seeing PirateKK's work in action! ;)
I had most files merged with some Post-Beta 2.3 version. But now we've changed so much, it is almost like having to start all over again.
At least this time I'll be merging my code changes with Pirate_KK's work. Should be easier.
I never got round to the interfaces yet, so that's still a biggie. And the Periods and Flags systems are a fair bit different, so that needs reworking too.
Also possible dialog/quest things. And most importantly: excluding his new dialog system, because that is too different to deal with right now.
And then there are the merge-based issues I ran into already: For some reason the Select Ship Interface is less reliable than the Beta 1-based version is.
No clue yet why. Hmm... I've got my work cut out for me, do I not? :shock

And I'm NOT looking forward to it. I AM looking forward to it being FINISHED though. Wouldn't it be something if I could actually mod something of my own into the game?
I've done particularly little of that and even then only in very small doses. But not for lack of ideas. Hmm.... Officer personalities or something? :wp

Better start brainstorming in another thread, then... :checklist
Actually, that reminds me of this old thread: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ideas-for-the-future.16915/

Back to the tavern sign atrocity, how does this look as a potential replacement? Didn't take too long to make:
TavernSignNew.png
I covered over the font-that-shall-not-be-named and chose something more suitable, then bump mapped the hell out of it to make it blend in.
Ironically, I used the base texture as the bump map detailing, so the old text actually helped to shape some of the scratches you see on the new text.

LOL! Looks much less... comical... :wp

Better start brainstorming in another thread, then... :checklist
Actually, that reminds me of this old thread: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ideas-for-the-future.16915/
There already is. See here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/dine-with-the-captain.11274/
But don't count on anything even remotely like it being started on any time soon. If ever.

Though the idea of one time doing such an "officer personalities" thing was the reason for putting your ship deck between port/shore and sea.
The intention was to occasionally have officers come up to talk to you about some thing or another in those cases.
That'd give a point and purpose to having that; now I always just find myself skipping it, proving that it doesn't do much for the game in its present state.

Edit: One thing that ALSO springs to mind here is the "Hail Ship" mod, eg. the ability to visit friendly ships you encounter at sea to interact with their captain/crew.
We actually DO have half-finished code for that in the game. It is just switched off. Enable at the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c if you want to have a lookey.

I'm not holding my breath for any of this, don't worry. :no

I just went and updated the links in the first post of the future ideas thread though, in case anyone wishes to read up on more of our past brainstorming.

Back