• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Can anyone suggest a use for this guy?
View attachment 29253
I created that as a by-product of something I was doing for someone else. He's based on a model from CoAS, but with the texture adapted to fit the "will" type model in PoTC. At the moment I'm thinking of assigning him as another Spanish noble, as an alternative to "hub_spa3" who seems to turn up all over the place. Or he could be Portuguese as they have hardly any "huber" nobleman character models at all.
If you want I can use this model in my storylines.

Giving Milady a good companion would be a very bad idea! She can't put him in command of a captured ship, or at least, not for very long...

How do you prevent the game engine from drawing its own eyes onto a model? Evidently it can be done because some character models already have eye-patches. If I could make an alternative version of this guy with an eye-patch, and either remove or darken all the white bits, the result would be a near perfect Count of Rochefort.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues: I've certainly no objection to you using the model for a storyline character, but I wasn't planning on having him reserved entirely for a storyline. (Incidentally, that question about preventing a model from drawing its own eyes applies to you because the "gypsycaptain" models used for Bartolomeu have a damaged eye which wouldn't work if the game engine drew its own usual eyes onto the model.)

Giving Milady a good companion would be a very bad idea! She can't put him in command of a captured ship, or at least, not for very long...
I meant "good" as in "good skills" (or at least: reasonable). But he can still have a terrible reputation!
And the Count of Rochefort should be a bad guy anyway.

How do you prevent the game engine from drawing its own eyes onto a model? Evidently it can be done because some character models already have eye-patches.
I'm not sure. Maybe something with applying an alpha map to the eye texture?
@Jack Rackham, do you have any clue?

This is a revised version with a less French-looking moustache, slightly darker skin, and red sash replacing the leather piratey cross-belt. I'm planning to use him to replace "hub_spa3" for the governor of Santiago. That will mean he's no longer a clone of the Santiago shop-keeper, or for that matter the Santo Domingo governor, both of which also use "hub_spa3".

If I can find out how to make a one-eyed character then Rochefort will have an eye-patch, otherwise he'll just have to be miraculously healed. :D

Attachments

• huber_spa6.jpg
    huber_spa6.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 181
TOOL: Extras\Mix Characters choose the wanted head and body models. Both combinations show up in a folder
called Mixed under Models\characters.

The position often has to be finetuned with the sliders. Sometimes the size too.
Certainly not all models are compatible.

The most negative with this method is that you can't do it with the 'talking head" models. So when using your
chosen head model (as talking head) you have to retexture what is visible of the chest/skirt.

The other snag is that I'd have to pick a head from one of the existing one-eyed characters, none of which have the hat. If it's a choice between losing an eye and keeping the hat, Rochefort is keeping the hat. :doff

Which means Rochefort is probably going to look like this:
rochefort.jpg

This is a revised version with a less French-looking moustache, slightly darker skin, and red sash replacing the leather piratey cross-belt. I'm planning to use him to replace "hub_spa3" for the governor of Santiago. That will mean he's no longer a clone of the Santiago shop-keeper, or for that matter the Santo Domingo governor, both of which also use "hub_spa3".
Good stuff! :onya

The other snag is that I'd have to pick a head from one of the existing one-eyed characters, none of which have the hat. If it's a choice between losing an eye and keeping the hat, Rochefort is keeping the hat. :doff
@Jack Rackham: Haven't you added hats to character models that didn't have them before?

Which means Rochefort is probably going to look like this:
That's DARK! :shock

Yes but I got the head together with the hat. There are tricorns without heads possible to add.
Chevalle has got one that can be cut out.

If you check gm_crew3 that guy got a hat but as I didn't like the fat face that come with it so I put another head just a little
in front of the brown hats head.

How do you prevent the game engine from drawing its own eyes onto a model?
Are you sure this happens if you do the switch head trick?

Attachments

• gm_crew3.jpg
    gm_crew3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 145
  • gm_crew3 parts.jpg
    gm_crew3 parts.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 169
Rochefort's hat isn't a tricorn, it has one side raised, similar to the one on "will" or "spy2".

But I do know that some models with separate heads get the eyes drawn. Although I haven't been able to swap heads around myself, I did retexture "9td" using pieces of texture copied from various other models plus a custom face to produce "lizswann", which certainly gets the eyes drawn.

Here you are - "rochefort.gm", "h_rochfort.gm", "bld3.tga.tx", as well as "bld3.tga" for testing purposes.

Attachments

• rochefort.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
In my one and only attempt I used Paint Shop Pro and copied and pasted parts of one model onto another model.

Thanks! He doesn't quite match the picture posted by @Pieter Boelen but he looks suitably villainous, and has the advantage of being more distinct from the original model adapted from the CoAS prototype. I've added a scar by the patch, and now he's ready to go:
h_rochefort.jpg

Meanwhile, the governor of Santiago now looks a bit different:
huber_spa6.jpg

Back