• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Ahh. You wuz close enough to safety to make a run for it. Too many times I get caught beating into the wind far away from land when they attack from windward. Nowhere to run to and I can't fight them. They either blast me to toothpicks or charge in and board.

Aye, that's bad then. I was just lucky with that Karrack. If not for her, they would have boarded or sunk me.

Jamaica issues-1.jpg Jamaica issues-2.jpg
I haven't posted anything here in a while so................

It looks like there might have been a hurricane recently at Port Royale.

Wow, how did you manage THAT one??? I don't even recognize that "ship" on its side. :shock

WTF? This game still has its wacky mysteries. o_O

As near as I can tell that "ship" is one of the decks we walk around on. The last time this happened it was a building out there.

Just stumbled across a good screenshot opportunity, which I thought was worth sharing:
TwoFrigatesPort.jpg.png
I had recently taken on an Aurora and Kreyser class frigate with my ship (right), captured the Kreyser and sank the Aurora.
We hobbled over to the nearest friendly port, and now I have some huge repair bills to pay... but not before visiting the tavern! :drunk

Very cool! Whenever you run into any good shots, take them and post them! Once we release Beta 2.5, I'll be needing some pictures to accompany my announcements! :cheeky

You won't be wanting too many of my screenshots because of the Intel fix, but when I occasionally get some like the one above, I'll post them here. :onya

You won't be wanting too many of my screenshots because of the Intel fix, but when I occasionally get some like the one above, I'll post them here. :onya
Indeed that is a little unfortunate. But it doesn't look bad anymore at all. :no

HELP WANTED: Beta 2.5 Promotional Screenshots

So we're finally getting up to the public release of Build 14 Beta 2.5, but I'd like to be able to add some kick-ass screenshots in the News Announcement.
Who can make me some? Preferably from Beta 2.5 new/modified stuff, but anything that looks cool would be very much appreciated. :doff

Hmm. Most of the screenies I have been taking are to illustrate problems, but here are some that are not in this thread already.

at the warf.jpgFX3-1.jpgheading into port.jpgsmoking.jpg

That is my frame rate in fps. POTC is capped at 60 fps in full screen mode and looks best like that.

We'll probably need one or two screenshots illustrating the effects of the new Intel fix; I'll provide some to choose from, including the one above. :onya

Hmm... screenshots look better without numbers. :wp

They're only small numbers, though. I see no harm in them being there. If anyone asks what they mean, we can just tell them.
Plus, in some ways, it's a good advertisement to show the game running at 60 FPS. People make such a fuss about framerates these days.

Back