• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

sailing to san juan

kaizerkat

Freebooter
im on the main quest and i need to meet danielle at san juan. i talked to pinto and took his ship, but sailing north for over 2 hrs at a distance o 80,000 km, i should of hit san juan for sure. so how do i get to san juan or activate the next scene at san juan?

If you have sailed 80,000km then I don't know where you are but you've overshot massively - that's enough to sail round the world twice! Where are you on the worldmap?

You might want to reload a save from before you started that epic voyage, and this time either use the worldmap to get to San Juan. Or if you want to direct-sail the whole way, sail northeast to reach Barbados, Martinique or Guadeloupe, then sail up the eastern chain of islands until you reach Nevis. From there it's a short voyage northwest to San Juan.

yes i know all that, although im referring to the quest, after i take pintos ship i find myself with a slow pinnance ship and i sail north, on my location map cordinates i get by pressing F12 im 37000 north and 37000 west, so i start sailing north forever, i went back to the start and sailed toward barbados, hell since , on the map, i was close to bonaire id go west, nothing!!!, so is it a bug? maybe i have to use the world but will that mess up my direct sail ability?

Hello, one thing that i don't understand is that having a compass, sextant and chronometer, while you navigate it appears at the top right of the screen, but once you go to the navigation main map, the game tells you the direction and intensity of the wind, date and time , amount of food and rum and the morale of the crew, but what it doesn't tell you in which direction you are going and this is a problem, at least for me, i always get lost and i have to go around consulting the map (m). Even then i end up going in the wrong direction sometimes.

yes i know all that, although im referring to the quest, after i take pintos ship i find myself with a slow pinnance ship and i sail north, on my location map cordinates i get by pressing F12 im 37000 north and 37000 west, so i start sailing north forever, i went back to the start and sailed toward barbados, hell since , on the map, i was close to bonaire id go west, nothing!!!, so is it a bug? maybe i have to use the world but will that mess up my direct sail ability?
No wonder you're lost! Barbados is ENE from Bonaire. Sailing W, the first island you should hit is Curacao, though if you're sailing due W from Palm Beach, you might miss Curacao and Aruba, and end up hitting the mainland somewhere near Cartagena.

Hello, one thing that i don't understand is that having a compass, sextant and chronometer, while you navigate it appears at the top right of the screen, but once you go to the navigation main map, the game tells you the direction and intensity of the wind, date and time , amount of food and rum and the morale of the crew, but what it doesn't tell you in which direction you are going and this is a problem, at least for me, i always get lost and i have to go around consulting the map (m). Even then i end up going in the wrong direction sometimes.
Remember which way you're sailing before you go to the worldmap. Unless you turn while on the worldmap, you should still be pointing the same way.

Zoom all the way out. Unless you're in the middle of the empty area between Jamaica and Cartagena, you should be able to see one or more islands. You should then be able to figure out which way to turn.

based on that info as soon as i take over pintos ship sailing north, especially after 80,000km i should of hit one of he many isles that stand in my path going north. as i said nix and no answer to, if i use world map to get to san juan, will that mess up my ability to use directsail again? thanks

On the contrary, you must switch back to directsail to enter port. The worldmap can help you get close to an island - watch for an island icon on the display. Then you need to revert to sailing mode to sail to a port or beach.

The only way it interferes with directsail is that if you switch back to sailing mode on the open sea, out of range of any island, then you will not be able to directsail to an island. But if you're near an island then you can switch back to sailing mode and then directsail to another island. For example, you start from Bonaire, switch to worldmap to find your way to Puerto Rico, switch back to sailing mode to sail into San Juan, and then you can directsail to Port Royale.

Back