• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rum Management Mod

BelThorne

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Hi All.

Here's my Rum management Mod (inspired by the POTC Build Mod). This lets you see how long your Rum will last and change the Rum ration on your ships.

------------------------------------
Edit:
Ok, here's version 1.1 of the Rum management mod. The only difference is that version 1.1 is compatible with base game saves, so you do not need to start a new game.
NOTE! This version is not compatible with Rum Management Version 1 saves. if you are already using version 1, don't switch to this one.

Download the base game save compatible version of the Rum Management Mod here.
------------------------------------

Details:
This mod changes the shop, ship details, ship to ship transfer and crew hire interface screens to show estimated Rum duration for your ship(s).
Also, every midnight it will also pop up a message giving the remaining days of rum for the ship in the fleet which is going to run out first.
You can also "Speak out aloud" and set the rum ration, between half, normal, and double, with morale effect +1,+2 or +3 per day.

Please report any bugs you find here.

Cheers,
JA

Great Job! Cant wait to get home and DL it. Gonna try it enabled along with the "New characters and Ships" mod.

Works great along with "New Characters & Ships" mod. Going to add the quick map mod also & hopefully they will all work well together. Keep up the good ideas! :doff

the only thing i kind of dont like about this mod is the constant updates on how much rum is left in my fleet. If i have 200 days of rum on my ship, every night, i get a message that i have so and so ammount of rum left. It would be less annoying if it was like how food is reported, only telling me when i have 3-2-1 days instead of 200-199-----0 days ect.

the only thing i kind of dont like about this mod is the constant updates on how much rum is left in my fleet. If i have 200 days of rum on my ship, every night, i get a message that i have so and so ammount of rum left. It would be less annoying if it was like how food is reported, only telling me when i have 3-2-1 days instead of 200-199-----0 days ect.

Hi mobucks,

It always shows you how much food you have in the little icon on the right. As I couldn't add something like that, I thought having it tell you your rum level once a day was a good approximation.

If you want it to only tell you when you are down to 5 days, then you can edit: RUM_Management\Program\scripts\food.c
and replace the lines at the bottom:

Code:
 	//2009-7-30 Jonathan A -->
if (lowrumdays > 0) {
Log_SetStringToLog("The Ship: "  + lowrumshipname + " has " + lowrumdays + " days of Rum left");
}
//<-- Jonathan A

with
Code:
//2009-7-30 Jonathan A -->
if (lowrumdays > 0 && lowrumdays < 6) {
Log_SetStringToLog("The Ship: "  + lowrumshipname + " has " + lowrumdays + " days of Rum left");
}
//<-- Jonathan A

and then it will only tell you when you are down to 5 days rum.

Cheers,

JA

Back