• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rulers of the Sea - A Historical Life, Career and Strategy World

-Anthony

Landlubber
Greetings all,

I would like share our project Rulers of the Sea with this fine community. We are still in the very early stages of development, and our primary focus at the moment is to raise awareness and build a strong community.

We recently finished our Family Creation Tool and our World Map.

As you might have guessed, Pirates will play a large role in RotS, here's a brief description of their planned gameplay from our website:

'Pirates are not of a nation. A Captain can join one of the seven Pirate Brotherhoods, organizations that dedicate themselves to the raiding and looting of ships and ports. Pirates are outlaws, they are refused entry at any port, except for those of Rogue Nations such as the Barbary States and the Sulu Sultanate. They can hold their own ports or camp in remote places. A Brotherhood exists to support their brothers and sisters by selling their loot and providing them with ships, crew, soldiers, supplies, and a safe haven. A Brotherhood elects their leaders by votes from all members. As Pirates are the enemies of all nations except the Rogue Nations, they can attack nearly all the ships at sea.'

Hope you like what you see! :cheers

Extra links: Website | Youtube | Facebook | Discord | Forum

Greetings all,

I would like share our project Rulers of the Sea with this fine community. We are still in the very early stages of development, and our primary focus at the moment is to raise awareness and build a strong community.

We recently finished our Family Creation Tool and our World Map.

As you might have guessed, Pirates will play a large role in RotS, here's a brief description of their planned gameplay from our website:

'Pirates are not of a nation. A Captain can join one of the seven Pirate Brotherhoods, organizations that dedicate themselves to the raiding and looting of ships and ports. Pirates are outlaws, they are refused entry at any port, except for those of Rogue Nations such as the Barbary States and the Sulu Sultanate. They can hold their own ports or camp in remote places. A Brotherhood exists to support their brothers and sisters by selling their loot and providing them with ships, crew, soldiers, supplies, and a safe haven. A Brotherhood elects their leaders by votes from all members. As Pirates are the enemies of all nations except the Rogue Nations, they can attack nearly all the ships at sea.'

Hope you like what you see! :cheers

Extra links: Website | Youtube | Facebook | Discord | Forum

Hello.

It's a very interesting project, as a fan of this thematic I will be attentive...

I can´t see any gameplay, will be like others games like Naval Action, World of Warships, etc...where we can see the ship sailing along the world?

Good question.
I had a quick look on their website and I don't see any specific mention of the game being 3D or not.
There's a mention of a (telephone) app in the video where I think some 2D interfaces can be seen.
Theoretically the entire game concept described seems like it could be made in Civilization/Sid Meier's Pirates! style...

I can´t see any gameplay, will be like others games like Naval Action, World of Warships, etc...where we can see the ship sailing along the world?

There isn't any gameplay yet, the project will need some considerable funding to begin the development of gameplay, and we are still in the early stages. The concept is very much planned out however. You will control your character, so when at Sea you will be the captain of your ship, standing on and walking around the deck. It wont be like Naval Action (which I played for many years) where you directly control the ship, instead you will issue orders to the officers who in turn will direct the crew of NPC's to carry them out.

There isn't any gameplay yet, the project will need some considerable funding to begin the development of gameplay, and we are still in the early stages.
Saw you already managed to get much more crowd funding than we ever did for Hearts of Oak.
Don't know how you managed that, but congratulations! :cheers

It wont be like Naval Action (which I played for many years) where you directly control the ship, instead you will issue orders to the officers who in turn will direct the crew of NPC's to carry them out.
I like the sound of that.
Much nicer to have you play as actually a captain.
Instead of a helmsman.
Which is... definitely not the same. :wp

There isn't any gameplay yet, the project will need some considerable funding to begin the development of gameplay, and we are still in the early stages. The concept is very much planned out however. You will control your character, so when at Sea you will be the captain of your ship, standing on and walking around the deck. It wont be like Naval Action (which I played for many years) where you directly control the ship, instead you will issue orders to the officers who in turn will direct the crew of NPC's to carry them out.

So, it´s more ambitious than the currents games. I like it.

I read that the game Date is 1750, it´s going to progress to X year and reset the server? or are going to be the same year all the time?.

So, it´s more ambitious than the currents games. I like it.

I read that the game Date is 1750, it´s going to progress to X year and reset the server? or are going to be the same year all the time?.

It won't progress over time, 1750 will serve as the basis for where different nations start, how many ports they control, and many other details. When the servers are opened there aren't any planned regular resets. So the year is set, some things like technological advances won't advance, but the layout of the map will begin to shift as wars are won and lost.

Last edited:
The problem with that date, 1750, is that for spanish Navy, will not have three deckers ships, the first one was in 1769, the Santísima Trinidad. Besote that, only Real Felipe was sailing, but was breaked up in 1750.

All this is a personal comment. :)

Back