• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Roman Polanski's "Pirates": The Pirate Movie.

hqdefault.jpg

What I can say about this great movie? That is really The Pirate Movie.

In my life I have seen many pirate movies, me harties, and I have a good culture about real and fictional pirates. My sin, I haven't seen Pirates of the Caribbean, or maybe I have seen only a time, and I was really unhappy for what I have seen, then I don't consider this a valid opera.

But I give a big Thank You to Roman Polanski, because for the first time I have seen something that I consider a real miracle.

Walther Matthau, as Captain bartholomew Red is the pirate captain that we alls have on our wildest dreams, and to what we wanted obey: wild, diorty, with a lot of flashing dresses, dirty-talking, avid and arrogant, and for complete all, also a peg-leg.

What we want more from a pirates captain?

Also all the story is very adventurous, the chase to the Aztec cursed golden throne, the battle with Spanish, the love between Frog and the governor daughter...all pirates legends is depicted in this movie.

I had the big advantage - and also the curse- to see this movie in the italian version.

Big advantage, because our translators are really a great bunch, and reached to translate actors voice
and dialogs in a manner really intense: curse, because with the italian translation, I have lost all the colourful English pirate slang dialogs, like matey, me harties, and so on, that I like a lot.

In some scenes, Matthau remind me something of Tuco from Leone's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly": the face, the facial expression, maybe the nose.

In every way, me harties, and despite any word that was said against before from criticians -hang'em alls to the main mast, me harties!, Roman Plolanski's Pirates is the movie that is more close to our real-but-fictional Akella's pirates world.

Playing New Horizons, I am in the same sea of Captain Bartholomew Red, in the foggy border between real and legendary pirates era.

And now, go to plunder some damn Spanish galleon, me harties! Arrrh!

kal%c3%b3zok-polanski.jpg

Back