• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Risen 2 PC Demo?

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
It's been pretty slow news wise for the past week, at least I haven't been able to find much worth posting. I am not entirely sure this is, but Deep Silver has "released" a demo for Risen 2 Dark Waters. So if you have been thinking about playing it, now might be your chance to give it a look! At least the press release I ran across says there is a PC demo available that will let you play the beginning of the game, however I was unable to find a download link for it anywhere, including Deep Silver's page, the official Risen 2 web site, or the Official Risen forums!

Wednesday 21st June 2012 – Hampshire, UK/.. Rig your ship and fly your pirate flag - Deep Silver today announced the release of the PC demo for the pirate RPG "Risen 2: Dark Waters"!

The demo allows players to experience the beginning of the game - the world is in turmoil, the Titans have devastated everything in their path with unstoppable force. Only the city of Caldera, where the headquarters of the Inquisition are located, offers a place of refuge for the people. It is repeatedly attacked by sea monsters, and supply ships are sunk en route. Nobody knows how long the walls will hold; food and weapons are gradually running out. The nameless hero sets out on a mission to put an end to the sea monsters once and for all.

During his adventurous journey he not only faces new and immense challenges, he also meets old acquaintances who help him on his quest.
-Ends-

It's usually a good idea to actually include a link to the demo when you issue a press release stating there is one. I'll post an update if I am ever actually able to find a link!

*EDIT* They did finally update the official web page with a link to the demo! The bad news is that it is only available through Steam :facepalm

Anyway, here is the Steam Link!

Attachments

• Risen2.png
    Risen2.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 24
I am glad I am not the only one that found that amusing! xD

Post updated, they did finally reveal a link! To bad they only released the demo through Steam, I might have actually downloaded it from somewhere else, and I even have a Steam account!

Back