• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rheims House in other stories

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Raoul Rheims' house in Smugglers Lair is guarded by two men whose job is to keep Nathaniel Hawk out, even in storylines in which neither Raoul Rheims nor Nathaniel Hawk exist, which is most of them. To me, there are three ways to deal with this:
  1. Ignore it. Nobody has been concerned with it until now.
  2. Remove the guards and rename the house in any storyline which isn't "Tales of a Sea Hawk".
  3. Put a daft Easter egg in there.
You can probably guess which option I chose. :D
rheims_house1.jpg rheims_house2.jpg rheims_house3.jpg

Currently I've only implemented it in the "Ardent" storyline, but it could easily be made general to all storylines - except, of course, "Tales of a Sea Hawk".

YES!
DAFT EASTER EGGS FOR THE WIN!! :woot

Another hilarious one you've got there.
Please add it everywhere. :cheeky

Warning: time travel may have unintended consequences. I used 'SetCurrentDate' so your crew don't starve while you're temporarily shifted into the future. But it might mess up timed quests, so don't go into Rheims' house while you're part way through "Hard Labours of an Assassin", for example.

Far as I can tell Nathaniel's year is only mentioned in the second picture.
Can't it only be simple text?
If it's just text then such problems won't arise I think.

So it's the PLAYER who is time-travelling?
I would've just had Nathaniel Hawk come over to the player's time instead. :rofl

Far as I can tell Nathaniel's year is only mentioned in the second picture.
Can't it only be simple text?
If it's just text then such problems won't arise I think.
Where's the fun in appearing to transport the player character into the future and not actually doing it? :D
So it's the PLAYER who is time-travelling?
I would've just had Nathaniel Hawk come over to the player's time instead. :rofl
No, the whole idea is that you've just gone into Rheims' house. Rheims only exists in 1750, therefore if you're in his house then you're in 1750.

I might give Nathaniel a bit more dialog to tell you explicitly that because you've just travelled in time, anything you were previously doing which involved timing is probably out of time. :p (Maybe figure out some alternative consequences to apply if your normal time is after 1750 so that you've travelled into the past...)

If you want to try it out, download the attached file.

The trigger includes this condition:
Code:
           if (!CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.rheims_house.done") && FindCurrentStoryline() != FindStoryline("NewHorizons") && !CheckQuestAttribute("generate_trade_quest_progress", "begin")
           && !CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.Hit_timer1") && !CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.Hit_timer2") && !CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.Hit_timer3") && !CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.Hit_timer4") && !CheckAttribute(PChar, "quest.Hit_timer5"))
So it should not trigger if you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk", or if you have a cargo quest active, or if any of the "Hard Labours of an Assassin" timers are active. (If you've gone to La Grenade to kill Ambroz Bricenos, Amerigo Vieira or Vito Leone, do the job first and then try to visit Rheims' house.)

Attachments

• Rheims_house.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 114
Raoul Rheims' house in Smugglers Lair is guarded by two men whose job is to keep Nathaniel Hawk out, even in storylines in which neither Raoul Rheims nor Nathaniel Hawk exist, which is most of them. To me, there are three ways to deal with this:
  1. Ignore it. Nobody has been concerned with it until now.
  2. Remove the guards and rename the house in any storyline which isn't "Tales of a Sea Hawk".
  3. Put a daft Easter egg in there.
You can probably guess which option I chose. :D
View attachment 38270 View attachment 38271 View attachment 38272

Currently I've only implemented it in the "Ardent" storyline, but it could easily be made general to all storylines - except, of course, "Tales of a Sea Hawk".
Hilarious!

Back