• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Respawned guards tend to walk around - is this fixable?

Fluen

Freebooter
I've noticed, that soldiers on guard duty and normally standing still begin to wander around, if they've been killed and are respawned. Even if I conquer a town in which some guards had begun to wander around, my personal soldiers take up the same behavior.

Is this a bug? And can it be fixed?

Try putting these into "PROGRAM\Loc_ai". You'll need to start a new game for them to take effect because part of the fix involves adding a new attribute to the "Guardian" and "Patrol" types when characters are first defined at game start. You should be able to test it by starting a quick FreePlay game as a Sword Master, which gives you a good sword, gold armour and high "Melee" skill. If that's not enough, edit "InternalSettings.h", go right to the bottom, enable Cheatmode, and then press numeric keypad 0 to make yourself invulnerable. Then pick a fight with the nearest guard. When you've finished slaughtering the army, go to the next location, return to the former battlefield, and the resurrected soldiers should be back on duty instead of deserting their posts.

Attachments

• LAi_login.c
    9 KB · Views: 68
  • LAi_types.c
    13.5 KB · Views: 56
Thank you. I'll test.

But weren't you away on holidays? I just write these posts, when I remember them and expect, that someone will come around and read them at some later point. I don't consider them urgent.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I'd have internet access. As it turns out, I do.

And I've seen this problem before. It's about time I had a go at fixing it!

I checked it with Will Turner at Port Royal center. It worked. All the usual soldiers were back at their post, when I returned.

Back